Ryan Parent

Status
Not open for further replies.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I searched Ryan Parent's name on this forum and it seems like there is some huge differences in opinion about this kid. Some say he is very physical, some say he is soft. Some people have him top ten, others out of the first round. While I've read that he is a "nasty" defender, I've also noticed that he has zero fighting majors in his OHL career, which I thought odd. Can anyone who has actually seen him play, please help clear all this up for me. What style does he play? Where would you rank him among other '05 eligilbles? What would you consider a reasonable NHL projection for him? What other hockey player would you compare him to? Any information at all would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

faucette78

Jan 6, 2005
I have seen Parent play a few times but not enough to be fully accurate. From what I have seen he is a great skating stay at home defender (however I think you will see his offensive game get better over the next few years). He is extremely positionally sound for his age, plays against all the opponents top lines, knows how to use his body and is very consistent. I have been racking my brain to give a comparison, but the best I can do is a better skating Rhett Warriner. (Personally, I think Warriner is one of the most underated NHL defensemen out there and was spectacular in Calgary's run last year.) I think he will go in the middle first round, just because of the lack of offense.

West

Mar 7, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
I've watched him play about 5 times now. I agree with the above but would add that although Parent takes the body when he should he more bumps into players instead of slaming into them. Also in front of the net he ties people up instead of forceing them out of the crease. In short he's a really frustrating player on the ice but doesn't scare anybody.

p.s. Part of his low PIM is the fact that he is such a good skater and positional player he rarely has to take a penatly to cover a defensive mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad