Ryan Parent vs Brian Lee

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahmon

Jun 25, 2002
Visit site
from what i saw of parent in the u-18s.. i was really dissapointed.. his puck handling skills seems very raw while he wasn't overly physical.. never seen brian lee play b4..

Eb0la11

Aug 28, 2004
Calgary
Ryan Parent was average I thought as well, I havent seen Lee play either.

I think Ryan Parent, being the captain of the last 2 u-18 teams speaks alot. I would take a good look at him at around 18-20 or so in the draft, I dont think he should go much higher than that from what Ive seen though.

MN_Gopher

May 2, 2002
Mpls
Visit site
Here are some names on MN HS players that i can think of that played D. Angel, Mills, Martin, Leopold, RJ Anderson, Goligoski, and now Lee. Some turned out, some did not. All were top D men their senior years. HArd to tell how good he is. He is defintly smarter than most. Which is why some players shine early on. But how he will traslate to the NCAA and beyond? He did ok in the USHL from what i heard, so that is a plus. His team did play against other top teams which featured. Gorowski, RJ Anderson, TJ Oshie, so he had some tough games.

CH Wizard

X-SHARKIE said:
Two defenseman in the 2005 class that are notorious for worrying about their own zone first but both show potential offensive upside.

Who do you like more and why?

I'm not sure of that.

Well..Ryan didn't show some offensive upside in the U-18's that's for sure.He seems to be more of a defensive defenceman with good leadership and he also seems to have a nice attitude.He'd be a welcome addition to any teams.The thing that his offensive upside seems to be very limited...he plays physical and isn't too shabby in his own end and we saw that in the u-18's, he wasn't looking out of position so often.

Lee, on the other plays a different style.He's a good skater like Parent, he won the Mr Hockey award..and had a hell of a season in the USHS.From what I saw, he wasn't ready for the u-20's..he looked raw but showed good offensive instincts.

Nice thread, btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad