Value of: Ryan O'Reilly to the Winnipeg Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.

brock0791

Jul 2, 2015
That wouldn't be nearly enough for ROR and Petro.
Roslovic is equivilent of a mid/late first and I valued Trouba over Petro at a 2nd.... Perrault could get a 2nd or 3rd at the deadline... considering ROR is making 7.5m a 1, 2, 3rd is about right for him

Tasteless Beaver

PLANE TEAM GOOD
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
Roslovic is equivilent of a mid/late first and I valued Trouba over Petro at a 2nd.... Perrault could get a 2nd or 3rd at the deadline... considering ROR is making 7.5m a 1, 2, 3rd is about right for him

Petro is worth a lot more than Trouba. Roslo+Trouba might get you Petro, but in no universe does ROR have the same value as Perreault.

Reactions: Blueston

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
Winnipeg would not be that naive to make any kind of deal that would deplete young assets and future signings to a guy who is making some serious change and In his late 20's.

Reactions: Huffer

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
ok. It would take 1st+unexciting prospect you don't care about that much + generic 3rd line role player "for cap reasons"

i assume that's what your looking for

Sounds like about what the Sabres got for him, so seems right. :dunno:

DarthProbert

Feb 3, 2015
why would we trade literally the only good thing about the team?

Outside of hf boards, trading players with high value gets you higher returns. Here of course, you only trade spare parts, fringe NHLers, busts, and "negative value" players.

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
I can't see the blues trading ROR they just acquired him and gave up a lot. I think the GM would be fired on the spot if he traded ROR. The blues IMO had a great team just some chemistry issues and it was the coaching staff and management.

If st Louis would go out and get a proven coach move out players who are issues they could be winning again.

King Woodballs

Captain Awesome
Sep 25, 2007
Your Mind
I don’t think those works for the jets.
I am sure the jets aren’t interested in moving the assists required to get him. For the minimal upgrade that it would be.
Let alone the cap issues the jets are about to face going into the off season

Reactions: Huffer and Snowman

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I can't see the blues trading ROR they just acquired him and gave up a lot. I think the GM would be fired on the spot if he traded ROR. The blues IMO had a great team just some chemistry issues and it was the coaching staff and management.

If st Louis would go out and get a proven coach move out players who are issues they could be winning again.
We didnt give up alot though, Prospect+1st+2nd. Technically you can say we gave up Berglund and Sobokta, but the correct way to say it, is that we gave up on those 2

Reactions: Blueston

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
I didn't say Colorado improved instantly, I said Buffalo did....

And this sudden improvement has nothing to do with Eichel being healthy, drafting Dahlin, trading scraps for Skinner, adding a more reliable goaltender, and adding nhl level players to the bottom 6?

Nope it’s all the subtraction of ROR. Good grief.

WeWentBlues

May 3, 2017
So O'Reilly to Winnipeg for Little, Roslovic, Niku, 1st and 2nd then?

That's close to what the Blues gave up.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Pass from the Jets, the acquisition cost isn’t worth the difference between Little & ROR. If, big if the Blues tear it down to rebuild other teams who are desperate for a 1C would far out bid the Jets......oh plus that small pesky cap thing is a problem.

Reactions: Huffer

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
I’m an ROR fan, but the cost for the Jets would be to high and the Jets needed to keep Stastny, after the way he meshed in with the team last season. I don’t think ROR brings the same chemistry.

Wonder if we could just trade for Stastny again???

bluetuned

Mar 1, 2013
Chicago
Last season the Blues dominated in October and were a total mess the rest of the year. I know it's fun to think ROR makes teams worse, but the Blues were just plain bad for much of last season. And one of the only reasons they even got close to the playoffs last year was Carter Hutton.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Realistically the Jets can’t offer anything that would even get me to consider moving ROR.

If they suddenly said the name Schiefele, then yeah that would be different but of the names that could be offered, there’s nothing that moves the needle even slightly.

I want Ryan O’Reilly to retire a Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad