Tribute Ryan O'Reilly Appreciation Thread

Sgt Schultz

Jun 30, 2019
Santa Fe, NM
I can not imagine looking back at the Cup run and him not being there. People are correct that he was not the only one (Petro, Binner just to name two), but they were the glue that held that whole thing together.

His deflection of JBo's point shot in game 7 of the Cup Finals is forever etched in my mind. As is Petro's rush when Marchand left the ice, and Tank's peeking over his shoulder as he closed in on the puck and perfect pass to Schenn.

As is Emrick's call with about 12 seconds left, "and the Blues at the bench are realizing that they are going to be champions!" I still get a lump in my throat when I hear that call.

That was a great run for us, especially those of us old enough to think we would never see one. Great team effort, and it does not happen without ROR, for one.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I can not imagine looking back at the Cup run and him not being there. People are correct that he was not the only one (Petro, Binner just to name two), but they were the glue that held that whole thing together.

His deflection of JBo's point shot in game 7 of the Cup Finals is forever etched in my mind. As is Petro's rush when Marchand left the ice, and Tank's peeking over his shoulder as he closed in on the puck and perfect pass to Schenn.

As is Emrick's call with about 12 seconds left, "and the Blues at the bench are realizing that they are going to be champions!" I still get a lump in my throat when I hear that call.

That was a great run for us, especially those of us old enough to think we would never see one. Great team effort, and it does not happen without ROR, for one.
Abso-f***ing-lutely. You could see the Blues bench at the top of the screen and the players were jumping up and down.

That was an incredible moment.

Reactions: Sgt Schultz

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad