Ryan O'Reilly and his new deal- Article

cardiffgiant

Continue without supporting us
Sep 28, 2005
Wow, these are some astute observations and bold predictions:
-When ROR wasn't playing with top 6 forward he put up less points
-Therefore, when ROR plays with players that put up 40-50pts/season instead of 50-60pts/season, his offensive production will go down

mind = blown

gallagt01

Jun 10, 2006
Sloan
The author refers to ROR as "rugged." Is it the beard? Because he is hardly what I'd call a "rugged" player on the ice.

Not a very good article but it will be interesting to see what happens to ROR's numbers in a new environment.

SECRET SQUIRREL

Jan 17, 2007
Clarence
then you missed the part where the author claimed that without a player like Duchesne, ROR's long term success will be limited, guess the author missed the draft this year

Yeah, seriously.... That article was beyond idiotic. He's comparing his contract (which starts next season mind you) with players like Kopitar and Stamkos. Both are due huge raises before next year and I sure as hell guarantee that they will be higher then ROR's.

BelowTheIce

Aug 27, 2015
Reclamation project, Evander Kane. Love it when people write articles about teams they don't watch.

Draft pick who failed to live up to his top line expectations in WIN/ATL and was a known locker room problem with a bad attitude. Given a fresh chance in Buffalo to be a leader and live up to expectations. In other words, Buffalo is hoping to "reclaim" his career. But ya good thing you stopped reading. Sabres fans love getting salty.

BelowTheIce

Aug 27, 2015
Wow, these are some astute observations and bold predictions:
-When ROR wasn't playing with top 6 forward he put up less points
-Therefore, when ROR plays with players that put up 40-50pts/season instead of 50-60pts/season, his offensive production will go down

mind = blown

Simple point for a quick article, I understand that ahah. But you'd be suprised at the amount of people completely missing my point.

cardiffgiant

Continue without supporting us
Sep 28, 2005
Draft pick who failed to live up to his top line expectations in WIN/ATL and was a known locker room problem with a bad attitude. Given a fresh chance in Buffalo to be a leader and live up to expectations. In other words, Buffalo is hoping to "reclaim" his career. But ya good thing you stopped reading. Sabres fans love getting salty.

And weak writers like getting defensive? :sarcasm:

You wrote a thin article with flaws. Did you expect that the Sabres forum was going to welcome it with open arms?

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
Ignore these guys and keep doing what you do. It's a good perspective that just won't be welcomed around here on opening night. It's new toys night. Anything remotely negative grinds people to wrong way.

struckbyaparkedcar

Guilty of Being Right
Mar 1, 2008
Upstate NY
Simple point for a quick article, I understand that ahah. But you'd be suprised at the amount of people completely missing my point.
That O'Reilly doesn't produce enough offense to be as cost-efficient as players who signed their deals a CBA ago.

CTRL + F "Kesler" 0 results. CTRL + F "Toews" 0 results.

Bad article.

BowieSabresFan

Nov 18, 2010
Ignore these guys and keep doing what you do. It's a good perspective that just won't be welcomed around here on opening night. It's new toys night. Anything remotely negative grinds people to wrong way.

It's a not very-well written article with obvious flaws that people are pointing out.

LongWayDown37

Mar 8, 2006
Yeah that was a pretty awful article. Premise is right - that contract is a gamble, but the analysis and perspective is just reaching all over the place.

BelowTheIce

Aug 27, 2015

Thanks man! Young writer, sometimes its tough to stay positive. Means alot!

BelowTheIce

Aug 27, 2015
Last point before I dip out of this forum, sometimes making statements like this help get you noticed. peace.

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future
Terrible idea to present this to the forum of the team that you are criticizing on opening night. I can't understand why the author is surprised this wasn't well received. :shakehead

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012

guy doesnt have the reading comprehension to follow a forum

this wasn't some revolutionary point that no one has ever made before, there's been a dozen articles on ROR; from the trade value to his contract to his role on the Sabres, this one just happened to fail in the logic department and the writing wasn't particularly impressive; it opened up promising with some factual statements and then turned into a parade of unsupported opinions; you didn't even need to research the stats you could have just googled 'O'Reilly contract' and plagiarized the dozen articles that already came at it from that angle

but hey the best course of action for him to learn is probably to call everyone salty and bow out

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad