Ryan O'Marra

Status
Not open for further replies.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
It seems like there is alot of difference in opinion regarding this kid. Some posters (Reilly311) don't think he's anything special and others (X-Sharkie) are very high on his potential. Can anyone who's seen him alot please give me their opinion on him? Thanks.

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
He's good. He has potential but he's not a top 15 pick. He deserves to go in the first round but not that high.

X-SHARKIE

I am very high on him, Ryan is one of the most complete prospects coming into the 2005 draft.

In terms of skill, he's not up there with the Crosby's and Brules obviosly, but he's right up there with the 2nd tier players in 05 like Ryan, Zagrapan, Pouliot ect.

His numbers aren't booming yet like Bobby Ryan, and I for one have Bobby Ryan ranked higher then him Ryan is #4 with O'Marra at #6 but he'll likely be just inside the top 10 once the draft goes down.

Ryan has the size, he's about 6-2 200.. He uses that size extremely well. He's a force in the corners and in front of the net and plays with alot of jam and gets in front of peoples faces. He's extremely pasionate about the game and plays hard as any body. His skating is knocked by some but IMO it's a strength, He has tremendous force behind each stride and he really moves but he doesnt look like he's trying very hard, but he is fast. He's also a pure sniper, with an amazing shot that's very accurate. He does everything well and defensively works hard, and should be commended for his backchecking. He might not be a flashy player, but this guy has excellent finishing ability, and he uses his strengths extremely well and should be a 1st line winger. I like him alot!

leafaholix*

You know how confusing it is when you're talking about Bobby Ryan and Ryan O'Marra?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->