Ryan Olsen

Discussion in 'Winnipeg Jets' started by VictoriaJetsFan, Oct 27, 2013.

View Users: View Users
  1. VictoriaJetsFan

VictoriaJetsFan Registered User

Was at a Victoria Royals-Kelowna Rockets game last night and was impressed with Jets draft pick Ryan Olsen. He had an assist on a goal and it appears he has cemented himself as one of the rockets top 2 center's.

He is also darn big as well. Grinds along the boards effectively as well. He is not Lowry big, but there has been significant improvement in his game, it appears. Nice to see rising offensive numbers from him.

He is sort of an Adam Lowry lite.

Despite the up and down woes of our current Jets, just think what forwards could be coming in the next two years:

Olsen
    Lowry
    Lipon
    Petan
    Burmistrov ( I hold out hope he returns)
    Kosmachuk (he has been ripping up the OHL)

I truly wonder how many teams have forwards coming down the pipe as good as these. I would guess half a dozen at most.

2. Guardian17

Guardian17 Strong & Free

Thanks for the update!

3. bazaaa*

bazaaa* Guest

Someone posted a highlight reel of a few prospects in the prospects thread. He made some amazing passes in it. I don't know how highly touted he is, but from what I saw he looked really good.

4. Tom ServoMST3K

Tom ServoMST3K Hockey Professor in Training

thanks for the update. Nice to hear about our prospects from across the continent

5. garret9

garret9 AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Home Page:
    Should be noted at the draft I predicted Olsen (and Kosmachuk) to pass Sutter in the depth chart ranks (although I actually didn't think Sutter would stumble like he did, just was high on these two).

Copper and Blue combine all the major draft rankings. Olsen was actually estimated to go before both Kosmachuk and Sutter for November, December, and January's rankings. Olsen was ranked before Sutter also in February, April, and May's rankings. He actually never went worse than 67 until June, where rankings threw him down to 81.

Great value pick at 160.