Ryan Olsen

VictoriaJetsFan

Mar 24, 2013
Was at a Victoria Royals-Kelowna Rockets game last night and was impressed with Jets draft pick Ryan Olsen. He had an assist on a goal and it appears he has cemented himself as one of the rockets top 2 center's.

He is also darn big as well. Grinds along the boards effectively as well. He is not Lowry big, but there has been significant improvement in his game, it appears. Nice to see rising offensive numbers from him.

He is sort of an Adam Lowry lite.

Despite the up and down woes of our current Jets, just think what forwards could be coming in the next two years:

Olsen
Lowry
Lipon
Petan
Burmistrov ( I hold out hope he returns)
Kosmachuk (he has been ripping up the OHL)

I truly wonder how many teams have forwards coming down the pipe as good as these. I would guess half a dozen at most.

bazaaa*

Someone posted a highlight reel of a few prospects in the prospects thread. He made some amazing passes in it. I don't know how highly touted he is, but from what I saw he looked really good.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Should be noted at the draft I predicted Olsen (and Kosmachuk) to pass Sutter in the depth chart ranks (although I actually didn't think Sutter would stumble like he did, just was high on these two).

Copper and Blue combine all the major draft rankings. Olsen was actually estimated to go before both Kosmachuk and Sutter for November, December, and January's rankings. Olsen was ranked before Sutter also in February, April, and May's rankings. He actually never went worse than 67 until June, where rankings threw him down to 81.

Great value pick at 160.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad