Speculation: Ryan Nugent-Hopkins

Status
Not open for further replies.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Just want to get general thoughts on the player. What would people be willing to trade to acquire him on the last year of his deal? Edmonton needs winger help, and they need the help to be cheap. We have a bunch of ELC wingers.

I personally am not a fan of acquiring him this year because I don’t think it would do anything other than push us from bad to mediocre.

I, however, would have interest in signing him in FA. What would you pay in FA for him?

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Just want to get general thoughts on the player. What would people be willing to trade to acquire him on the last year of his deal? Edmonton needs winger help, and they need the help to be cheap. We have a bunch of ELC wingers.

I personally am not a fan of acquiring him this year because I don’t think it would do anything other than push us from bad to mediocre.

I, however, would have interest in signing him in FA. What would you pay in FA for him?

I’d actually trade Zucker+Greenway for him this year. Zucker would have to be included for cap reasons.

In FA I’d offer him 7x7.5 at the high end if he has another 65-70 point season. Probably wouldn’t win the bid for him with that as a true UFA though unless there was another reason he wanted to be here specifically over some other places.

If he goes back to being a 55ish point player, I’m not sure I’d be interested in him at all.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
I’d actually trade Zucker+Greenway for him this year. Zucker would have to be included for cap reasons.

In FA I’d offer him 7x7.5 at the high end if he has another 65-70 point season. Probably wouldn’t win the bid for him with that as a true UFA though unless there was another reason he wanted to be here specifically over some other places.

If he goes back to being a 55ish point player, I’m not sure I’d be interested in him at all.
I’d probably still have interest in him, just not at 7.5million. I think if he does regress a bit, he could still be a long term solution to our 2C problems.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I’d probably still have interest in him, just not at 7.5million. I think if he does regress a bit, he could still be a long term solution to our 2C problems.

I'd just rather overpay for a 65-70 point center than a 50-55 point center. That's why I'd lose interest. I know we need all the top 6 center help we can get, but we can't really afford to keep overpaying these second line players and guys that won't move the needle.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
I'd just rather overpay for a 65-70 point center than a 50-55 point center. That's why I'd lose interest. I know we need all the top 6 center help we can get, but we can't really afford to keep overpaying these second line players and guys that won't move the needle.
I agree. If we can find a 70 point center to overpay I’m all for it.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I don't see a deal between EDM and MN for RNH that makes sense for EDM. RNH is currently better than all of the FWDs in MN, and unless they want Brodin to play his offhand side while Larsson is out, he's not really needed.

I guess it could be a Brodin+Zucker for Klefbom+RNH (base deal), but does that make either team better?

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Do NOT want.
I think he would be a decent target if Edmonton was looking to turn him into a couple of wingers for their top 6. I don't think he would be a very good target in UFA. I just would be wary of treating him like a sure fire top 6 guy.

Reactions: AJ Thelen

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I think he would be a decent target if Edmonton was looking to turn him into a couple of wingers for their top 6. I don't think he would be a very good target in UFA. I just would be wary of treating him like a sure fire top 6 guy.

I think he's fine as a 2C, but a do it all 1C he's not. The Wild don't have a better center to put in front of him so he'll probably be a disappointment here.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Couldn't this have just been discussed in the trade thread instead of creating confusion with other teams players in the thread list?

Can a mod please merge?

Reactions: DANOZ28
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad