Ryan Murry shoulder surgery (out up to six months?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeithBWhittington

Going North
Jun 14, 2003
Brick by Brick
Visit site
ehhhh.... Bad news, but certainly not dream-smashing. As soon as the lockout claimed actual regular season games, he should have been made "unavailable" and just had him simmer one more season at the junior level, like, forget he's even in your system this season. I don't care how "NHL ready" he was/is, bringing him in a chaotic time like this with the shortened season, not to mention, less than a week training camp would have been bad.

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio
Just goes from bad to worse :(

Not sure what that means. He has been hurt for sometime and they knew he was going to need surgery. The surgery was done this week and he should be ready for next season. Don't get how it went from bad to worse?

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
Just mean in general, the teams number one prospect largely beleived to make the team out of training camp has a season ending surgery. Seems like the team can't get a break.

KeithBWhittington

Going North
Jun 14, 2003
Brick by Brick
Visit site
Just mean in general, the teams number one prospect largely beleived to make the team out of training camp has a season ending surgery. Seems like the team can't get a break.

It would be much worse if they drafted him with the intent of being the team's defensive anchor this season. Truth is, with the current situation on Defense (Wiz, Johnson, Tyutin, Nikitin, Moore, Aucoin plus guys like Prout, Holden, Erixon and a few others knocking to claim the 7th spot) , this doesn't hurt us much this season.

Is it bad luck? Yeah, but its not going to hurt the CBJ this season. Feel sorry for the kid, though.

5StringBuzz

May 10, 2007
Columbus, OH
Maybe the kid will fully recover, but he's lost nearly a full season of work, and it seems to me that he will now face even more of an uphill climb to be an effective, let alone star NHL player than he would have. At the moment, since he can't play, he can't develop, and until he demonstrates his post-injury capabilities, he's a wasted draft pick.

KeithBWhittington

Going North
Jun 14, 2003
Brick by Brick
Visit site
Maybe the kid will fully recover, but he's lost nearly a full season of work, and it seems to me that he will now face even more of an uphill climb to be an effective, let alone star NHL player than he would have. At the moment, since he can't play, he can't develop, and until he demonstrates his post-injury capabilities, he's a wasted draft pick.

Speaking as a poster who ripped the pick (wanted Galchenyuk), I wouldn't say its a wasted pick yet. How many players get drafted in the first round, let alone the entire draft each season, that end up playing and contributing right away at the NHL level? Certainly if this was the NFL, you could say it was a wasted pick, but the NHL draft is all about projections since a lot of these guys take years to make it to the league, if they do at all.

Murray was billed as potentially NHL ready this season, I don't think that changes too much next season just because of this injury, it sucks for him as he misses a season to "prepare" to challenge for a spot next season.

Certainly, you don't want to get the reputation as being Injury-prone, but I'd say thats still a slim chance.

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
It would be much worse if they drafted him with the intent of being the team's defensive anchor this season. Truth is, with the current situation on Defense (Wiz, Johnson, Tyutin, Nikitin, Moore, Aucoin plus guys like Prout, Holden, Erixon and a few others knocking to claim the 7th spot) , this doesn't hurt us much this season.

Is it bad luck? Yeah, but its not going to hurt the CBJ this season. Feel sorry for the kid, though.

Good point I feel better now. I just remember him billed as the most NHL ready of his draft class. So its kinda ironic. Its hard not to feel like the organization has a curse LOL,,,, cry...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad