Value of: Ryan Murray to TOR

Status
Not open for further replies.

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
so you've already educated that poster on that particular proposal before? Or did you educate a different poster on the same proposal? Or a similar proposal?
TBF mate, Viqsi is generally a pretty good poster. (She I believe?) takes the time to explain her thoughts and makes sure to not bash on any team/players. Only thing is she doesn't like Naz as much as she should:naughty:.

Apollo Leaf

Apr 8, 2010
Has Murray ever played on the right side? I think he could be a big help on the Leafs blue line, but with the log jam on LD it’s tricky.

Unless Rielly/Dermott can switch over, I don’t see a deal being made unfortunately.

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
This thread is a disaster.

To the Leafs fans who keep making terrible proposals: Please stop.

To the posters who make 'revenge' trade offers like "LOL Matthews plus first': Please stop.

To the other fans who hate seeing terrible proposals: use the ignore function. After ignoring about 5 Leafs fans, you'll find the problem is solved.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Has Murray ever played on the right side? I think he could be a big help on the Leafs blue line, but with the log jam on LD it’s tricky.

Unless Rielly/Dermott can switch over, I don’t see a deal being made unfortunately.
He has. And it didn't go particularly well, unfortunately.

Reactions: Almighty

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Bit of an FAQ here:

Jackets are actually deeper at F than D right now. It's the high end where D > F. With JJ and Cole gone, and Werenski missing the start of the year, Murray will get ice time with Jones again.

If Murray has a bad year then I'm sure the Jackets would think about trading his last RFA year for some of the draft-pick offers the Leaf-fans have been putting forward here. Right now it's not enough.

What would CBJ want? Seems like an excellent reclamation project with good pedigree, age and isn't too expensive, but obviously they're pretty loaded on defense.

He's a little too useful to be a reclamation project. And his draft pedigree is kind of irrelevant at this point. He's been a #4 kind of D for his entire career, sometimes a little better, sometimes a little worse. But since age 19 he's been good. I think his skating took a hit with some of his injuries (not as bad as Maatta though). He still offers a lot with very good passing and strong defending.

Murray wasn't good on the right side.

What do leafs/bjs fans think of a Savard for a forward swap?

Savard price would be much higher. Not just because he's an RHD, but because he provides more at both ends than Murray. He's a solid #3D IMO. #2D a year ago. I think we've discussed this a lot in the past, and the conclusion we came to is that Savard is not valuable enough to get Kadri but too valuable for the Leafs assets that are in the next tier down. And a quantity offer isn't going to be acceptable here.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014

He was garbage on the right. Thats why Nuti moved right and after that they played great. For a whole year Murray got stuck on the 3rd line with rookie Nutivaara playing his off side and looked bad. This year it was a 180.

Reactions: Almighty

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
I would say either,
"That's not a good deal for Toronto"

Or

"That's a bad trade and I think you know that"

Wouldn't tell you to **** off, definitely wouldn't get upset as a third person looking at the exchange at the guy who made a sarcastic reply to being told to **** off, instead of the clear asshat who overreacts to a poor trade in the first place.
There is a lot of indefensible stuff going on in this thread but this post is a hoot.

The things you have written here:

A. Are more congenial than any response on Any Message Board Ever.

B. Take such congeniality to a height that makes your entire post seem like insincere ass-kissing that essentially validates the stigma about the fanbase that you represent that is being perpetuated throughout this thread.

The fact is no one will ever reply as nicely as you are suggesting here. That means that these pissing matches are bound to happen more frequently than not. The most interesting thing to me personally is that the most acrimonious exchanges often occur over forgettable replacement-level players....Josh Leivo? I mean Ryan Murray isn’t lighting the world on fire but he’s a Dman at least playing somewhat regularly in the NHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->