Recalled/Assigned: Ryan Murphy Called Up

StateofCelly

Jan 5, 2017
I am glad they are giving Murphy another shot. Belpedio has been playing really well in Iowa but letting him continue to build his confidence/game down there is the right move.

Olcoach

Nov 25, 2018
The Tundra
Anyone know the why behind this move? Injury replacement, resting regulars, or getting ready to make a trade are my thoughts.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Anyone know the why behind this move? Injury replacement, resting regulars, or getting ready to make a trade are my thoughts.
Dumba's injured and having Pateryn on the second pairing has hurt our ability to move the puck, in my opinion. We've also lost an important right shot on the powerplay. Murphy can't hold a candle to Dumba, but he's better at the things we're lacking most than Pateryn is.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
You just cannot continue to play Prosser every night. He's a good fill in...and typically the other team won't be scoring when he's on the ice, but he's not going to give you anything on the other end either. Murphy gives them at least another possibility of points from the blue line.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I think they're hoping that Murphy and Brodin can make a competent puck moving duo, and that Murphy can play the PP point. Might also be showcasing him in case he can be a throw in on a deal, or seeing if he can be a competent fill in in case they decide to move Spurgeon( yikes).

Most likely, they can't stand watching Prosser with the puck anymore.

Wabit

May 23, 2016

It's a road trip so they need a pressbox d-man; Bartkowski, Seeler, and Prosser, and Pateryn are all rather redundant as defensive d-men; and Murphy brings a better o-zone game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad