SV%: .924

Drafted 7th round 205th overall.

Lundqvist
GP: 30
Wins:17
GAA: 2.19
SV%: .924

Drafted 7th round 205th overall.

These guys seem identical. As a ranger fan I've seen Lundqvist all year. Very rarely seen Miller play. Who is better? I also find it ironic they were drafted in the same draft position.

TheRedressor

Oct 3, 2005
LOL

That is ironic. They are both Star goalies in this league. So far the nod goes to Lundqvist with the team he is playing behind and the big game experience in the Swedish Elite League.

However I do not wish to take anything away from Ryan Miller. He is an excellent goaltender and will be an all-star in the future.

Rez

Oct 5, 2005
Miller is supported by a better team defence, but that doesn't take anything away from him. He's an aggressive goalie that excels in one on one situations. I'd rank him as one of the top five shootout goalies in the NHL right now.

Amazing Oopah

Nov 5, 2005
Virginia
whoa, both these guys were 7th rounders? :eek:

These are two very good goalies. If the standings hold up, we might see them face each other in the first round of the playoffs in the East. Would be a goaltending duel for sure.

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
You obviously copied that from TSN.ca's rookie watch because I haven't seen that error anywhere else.

Ryan Miller went in the 5th round, 138th overall in the 1999 draft.

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
OOoooouuh, good one.

Lundqvist has been amazing so far, but Miller's coming on really strongly. And don't think Buffalo plays a stingy defensive game, Miller's just been that good (combined with Biron, our goaltending is certainly one of our strong points this season).

I'm gonna say, right now, Miller = Lundqvist... With Lundqvist possibly having more of an upside. :dunno:

NYRGoalieGlut*

Ok since it's been noted that the draft position isn't the same, are the goals against average and save % the same? That seems like another big coincidence.

Skroob*

Corto said:
I'm gonna say, right now, Miller = Lundqvist... With Lundqvist possibly having more of an upside. :dunno:

i would agree, and i really like Miller too. He's gonna be USA's #1 guy in the nets real soon. :D

Skroob*

NYRGoalieGlut said:
Ok since it's been noted that the draft position isn't the same, are the goals against average and save % the same? That seems like another big coincidence.

no, its correct. 2.19 and .924

one difference to note though. Henke has 2 SO's, Miller 0.

Muddy Wilbury

Flyers Fan in Ottawa
Apr 3, 2002
Ottawa, ON.
Very even. Hank is younger than Miller?...I did not know that.

They are both quality goalies with bright futures. At the moment I give a slight edge to Lundqvist.

2Leetch_94

Kreid Me A River
Sep 16, 2005
New Jersey
CNote said:
Very even. Hank is younger than Miller?...I did not know that.

They are both quality goalies with bright futures. At the moment I give a slight edge to Lundqvist.

Yep....Miller was born in 1980, Lundqvist in 1982.

Apr 16, 2002
Rochester, NY
Visit site
sevenSteen said:
Miller is not in Henke's league and will never be.

I think that's the most ignorant comment i've seen all day today, and coming from a Leafs fan, i'm not too suprised.

I think both are very good and both will be leading their teams into the playoffs. I can't say who i think is better, because i'd be biased towards Miller, but whoever is better, the other won't be too far behind that is for sure.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
2Leetch_94 said:
Yep....Miller was born in 1980, Lundqvist in 1982.

I don't take much consideration to that. Moreso to the fact that Miller is already accustumed to the NA game far more than Lundqvist is. And that makes Lundqvist more impressive.

arrbez

bad chi
Jun 2, 2004
Toronto
nomoment said:
I'd rank him as one of the top five shootout goalies in the NHL right now.

Not even the great Ryan Miller could stone Tie Domi in the pre-season though.

Domi > Miller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->