Eklund Rumor: Ryan Miller to Colorado?

DarthProbert

Feb 3, 2015
Considering the rumors that Miller wouldn't waive to go to San Jose last season I doubt he waives to go anywhere. Let him enjoy his family time.

Would you waive to go to San Jose? Colorado's a wee bit more attractive.

Lehner or Georgiev would be reasonably good pickups for Colorado. Price would ruin the nice cap situation they have. I’d be happier going to war in the playoffs with Grubauer and Lehner than Anderson or Miller.

Georgiev, so the Avs carry 3 goalies next year like the Rangers are trying to get out from under now? Avs pick up anyone, it's a UFA-to-be(Miller or Crawford) or preferably someone they can put in the AHL when Grubaeur comes back.

Avery Rule

Jun 1, 2010
Colorado should just go for Price, that one time they got a goalie from Montreal it worked out real good for them ;)

Steddy33

Jan 7, 2012
Maybe if he's decided this is has last season, he'd be willing to go chase a Cup. He wouldn't necessarily have to move, just would be away for a few weeks.
Maybe. I just don't see it. He chose to be a back up because of location over a chance to be starter somewhere else.

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014
Colorado should just go for Price, that one time they got a goalie from Montreal it worked out real good for them ;)

Too much $$ and term on that contract. Maybe at 50% but no way Habs carry that retention that long

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
If Sakic wants the Cup bad enough he will pony up a 1st, Newhook (swallow the pill) and another young player for Kreider and Georgiev. I mean, seriously, Ryan Miller? It's 2020.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Miller would be a good add for any team needing a goaltender this year. Yes, he's almost 40 but the guy can still stop pucks better than most goalies 10 years his junior.

Reactions: Pizza!Pizza!

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
And the other time time they ended up with Jose Three or Four. :ha:

Price is 32 and is signed for 6 years after this one. No one wants that contract even at 50% retained. That's a good way to kill your franchise.

ayrton2388

May 23, 2014
Are people serious in this thread?
If Anaheim was somehow in a contender position, i'd definitely be ok with Miller backing up Gibson.

Have all these people that shit on Miller even seen him play the last couple of years?

Reactions: WhatTheDuck

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Miller isn't waiving to be a #3 is he?
I mean, I'm not against it as insurance, but there isn't going to be a high return. The need just isn't there this year. The Avs window is just now open.

Maybe if another filler like Derek Grant who might help our PK came along as a rental as well there could be some moderae value going back

MoPucks

Feb 3, 2009
Stl
I would think Lehner would be a perfect fit for Colorado... Hope that doesn't happen!

Vijo Morganstein

Nov 29, 2019
And the other time time they ended up with Jose Three or Four. :ha:

Price is 32 and is signed for 6 years after this one. No one wants that contract even at 50% retained. That's a good way to kill your franchise.
It's obviously a bad contract but saying no one would take a 5.25m Price for 6 years is serious hyperbole

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Miller isn't waiving to be a #3 is he?
I mean, I'm not against it as insurance, but there isn't going to be a high return. The need just isn't there this year. The Avs window is just now open.

Maybe if another filler like Derek Grant who might help our PK came along as a rental as well there could be some moderae value going back

I don't think anyone should expect much value in return if Miller did agree to move, probably a mid round pick. It's more about doing him a solid than the return. He's very likely been leaving money on the table to sign in Anaheim and I'm sure they want to do right by him.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Sure if the Habs retain 50% for the remainder of the contract and toss 3X 1st round picks.

Sure - we'll do that for your #1C. No big loss to u - i hear his main winger is injured anyways, so he's likely useless these days...

NjdevilfanJim

Jan 26, 2020
Eklund mentioned this as a possibility.

Thoughts?
Crawford better option for stop gap if grub doesn't come back or if he does and they get bounced out of playoffs early go all in on Holtby in offseason and hope to compete for cup next 3 to 4 years.....only other one is hank off rangers but that probably keeps you from pursuing Holtby as a free agent over summer where with Crawford u can let him walk....Hey maybe he gets you a cup

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Sure - we'll do that for your #1C. No big loss to u - i hear his main winger is injured anyways, so he's likely useless these days...

MacKinnon has played nearly 1/3 of the season without his top winger. He has nearly the same amount of points as your next 2 top scorers combined.

Price has negative value and it would take a lot to convince anyone to absorb that cap killing contract.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad