Ryan McDonagh vs Jonathon Blum

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Think McDonagh is more polished as of right now (even with less pro time), but I think that Blum has the higher potential. I mean, McDonagh is great, but Blum has a metric ton of offensive potential that should start coming out at the NHL level sooner rather than later.

BadHammy*

The guy above me has it about right IMO. McDonagh is a lot safer to get big ice time right now but Blum has a superb offensive ceiling and will likely be better long run.

Made Dan

Jul 15, 2007
The Bronx, NY
Better season? Tossup. McDonagh is safer.

Career? Like I said, McDonagh is safer, but Blum has much more potential. I'd most likely take Blum.

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
I can't comment on McDonagh, but I'll give my $0.02 on Blum. He was easily our 3rd best D-man behind Suter and Weber (no shame in that) from day 1. He looked like he was a seasoned veteran, not a rookie call-up. There were nights when he was our best defenseman on the ice. This kid could be something special.

kypredsfan

Smashville Subban
Jan 20, 2011
Mt. Juliet, TN
I can't comment on McDonagh, but I'll give my $0.02 on Blum. He was easily our 3rd best D-man behind Suter and Weber (no shame in that) from day 1. He looked like he was a seasoned veteran, not a rookie call-up. There were nights when he was our best defenseman on the ice. This kid could be something special.

I'll go ahead and agree with what he said. Blum came in before the playoffs and it looked like he had been playing on the team already. He's gonna be a gem.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->