Injury Report: Ryan McDonagh (Practicing with Team, Full Contact)

vladmyir111

Mar 27, 2007
On the upside, Marc has been playing like an actual good defenseman since Eric came here. I mean considering last year he was basically Marik Malik in the playoffs we probably will be ok if McDonaugh misses a few.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
so if the playoffs start on the 12th and McD got inured on the what 4th? so that puts him at the middle or end of round 1? Depending on how horribly the rangers play that is...it could be already over by that point if we play the way we've played more or less this entire year.

JoeGarelli

Jun 24, 2013
so if the playoffs start on the 12th and McD got inured on the what 4th? so that puts him at the middle or end of round 1? Depending on how horribly the rangers play that is...it could be already over by that point if we play the way we've played more or less this entire year.

lmao if you think Mac doesnt play game 1

DudMan28

Jan 30, 2013
My guess is game he's back game 3, unless it's convenient for the NHL to have us play back to back playoff games against the pens again ;)

That would be a pretty good guess. Keep him home for games 1&2 to rehab, relax, etc. Come back firing on home ice for game 3. I think this team can snag 1 of 2 against both Pitt/Florida.

Miller Time NYR

Oct 5, 2010
Long Beach
That would be a pretty good guess. Keep him home for games 1&2 to rehab, relax, etc. Come back firing on home ice for game 3. I think this team can snag 1 of 2 against both Pitt/Florida.

If we win game one I think it's def game three, if we loose game one and Staal/Yandle suck it up I could see him pushing to play game 2. But it really all comes down to scheduling, were at the mercy of the $$$.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Any update on whether McDonagh will play for game 3?

Unlikely to practice tomorrow so I'd say no. Considering he hasn't had a full practice with the team yet and was still in the non contact jersey when he was on the ice, I'd say he's still a little bit away. It could be a quick turnaround though once he's cleared for contact.

RICK NASHTY

May 5, 2015
Unlikely to practice tomorrow so I'd say no. Considering he hasn't had a full practice with the team yet and was still in the non contact jersey when he was on the ice, I'd say he's still a little bit away. It could be a quick turnaround though once he's cleared for contact.

Yeah I have a feeling if we are able to win game 3 we may not see him again unless the Pens tie up the series or next round.

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
Yeah I have a feeling if we are able to win game 3 we may not see him again unless the Pens tie up the series or next round.

Huh? The second McD is cleared he will be back in. Every single game in the playoffs is vital, whether we can sweep in 4 or lose in 6. Every extra game takes a significant toll. As Rangers fans, we have experienced that arguably the most of any team in recent years.

On top of the fact that he will not be great when he gets back in and will need to get back to game level.

For Your Technology

Jan 16, 2009
Staten Island, NY
I'm not a rumor troll or anything of the sort. My Doctor, who I saw on Friday, said he met and hung out with Adam Graves at the FDNY/NYPD hockey match, and he told him that McDonagh will be back by Game 3. 100%. I have no reason to lie. I'm just putting forward information I think people will appreciate.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
I'm not a rumor troll or anything of the sort. My Doctor, who I saw on Friday, said he met and hung out with Adam Graves at the FDNY/NYPD hockey match, and he told him that McDonagh will be back by Game 3. 100%. I have no reason to lie. I'm just putting forward information I think people will appreciate.

I'm not saying you're making this up but it seems pretty ridiculous for Adam Graves to tell a random person that he thinks 100% that McDonagh will be back for game 3.

For Your Technology

Jan 16, 2009
Staten Island, NY
I'm not saying you're making this up but it seems pretty ridiculous for Adam Graves to tell a random person that he thinks 100% that McDonagh will be back for game 3.

He said it was a guarantee. The Doctor knew a few NYPD dudes who hooked him up with the spot. He's in a picture with him (standing side by side) with the whole NYPD winning team and he got to hang out with him the whole game, and afterwards. I understand what you mean, though. This guy has never lied to me in my life.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
AV said McD wasn't going to practice today. If he's not practicing today, then I don't see him playing tomorrow. Plain and simple.

For Your Technology

Jan 16, 2009
Staten Island, NY
AV said McD wasn't going to practice today. If he's not practicing today, then I don't see him playing tomorrow. Plain and simple.

Then Adam Graves was wrong with his insider information. It's not like he has any sources or anything. I didn't put this information here for anything but the sake of letting other fans know something they want to know. :amazed:

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Then Adam Graves was wrong with his insider information. It's not like he has any sources or anything. I didn't put this information here for anything but the sake of letting other fans know something they want to know. :amazed:

I know. I was just repeating what AV said.

Maybe AV is playing mind games. What if McDonagh shows up to practice in regular contact jersey and everything.

Who knows

For Your Technology

Jan 16, 2009
Staten Island, NY
I know. I was just repeating what AV said.

Maybe AV is playing mind games. What if McDonagh shows up to practice in regular contact jersey and everything.

Who knows

I just want what's best for the team and himself, of course. It would be a great return if he did pull some theatrics and just showed up out of nowhere. Fingers crossed.

vladmyir111

Mar 27, 2007
Realistically, he wouldn't even need to practice considering he's been skating the whole time. I know guys lose timing and get rusty, but it's only been two weeks he hasn't forgotten how to play hockey. It's AV though I doubt he lets anyone play without at least one first.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->