Injury Report: Ryan McDonagh: Jaw contusion and neck spasm, but NO 2nd concussion

Dagoon44

Sep 15, 2003
NJ
dagoon44.blogspot.com
Knew it the second he went out
Just saying this yes Simmons popped him good but wtf is Klein doing just standing there and not fighting for his teammate ? This is what I mean when I say no heart in sports anymore

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Just saying this yes Simmons popped him good but wtf is Klein doing just standing there and not fighting for his teammate ? This is what I mean when I say no heart in sports anymore

I'd wager if Klein's thumb wasn't broken, he'd have done a bit more.

It wasn't just the a Flyers fans. It was basically the fans of the 28 other teams as well.

It's amazing. Everyone around the world wants these head injuries to be taken seriously. Then, when someone gets sucker-punched in the jaw and goes down, everyone calls him a diver.

I mean, wtf?

alkurtz

Nov 26, 2006
Charlotte, NC
Can there be any doubt that is Klein did not have a broken thumb he would have gone after Simmonds? Klein has always shown his willingness to fight if necessary. Expecting him to fight with a broken finger is just not realistic.

Loff

Lafdaddy
Dec 7, 2007
Soft euro
Can there be any doubt that is Klein did not have a broken thumb he would have gone after Simmonds? Klein has always shown his willingness to fight if necessary. Expecting him to fight with a broken finger is just not realistic.

My thoughts as well. If he was healthy, he would've kungfued his ass.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
It's just ridiculous that good hockey hits like Johansen/Hickey get suspensions, and this doesn't.

Gonna do my best to leave it at that.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago

Agreed 100%. He has never been shy.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Really selling that dive. Just like a good captain should! :sarcasm:

Huge loss. Hopefully he takes the time needed to recover from it and doesn't try to rush back because of what time of year it is.

BarbaraAlphanse

Good thing I sold my Rangers Devils tickets for tonight and bought Rangers flyers tickets for Sunday. There should be some retribution.

gorangers0525

Dec 15, 2014
Absolutely ridiculous. I'd like to see the "dive" that all idiots in the main board would pull after a straight left to the jaw.

Hockeyplayer99

Jul 31, 2005
Retribution, this is AV Rangers not Torts Rangers. Only retribution will be shying away from contact. We will scratch Mcilrath and play Megna on defense.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia

Klein can't really fight w a busted thumb . Plus that is showing heart even playing w the injury

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Well this should be good. Let's see how much of a ****show the D is when he's out. The team is basically ****ed. If Nash and him are out long term we might as well just start selling pieces. I wonder if this will effect whether or not they trade Yandle....

OrbitalDynamics

#Unsurprised
May 22, 2008
Stalag Luft JFK
Good thing I sold my Rangers Devils tickets for tonight and bought Rangers flyers tickets for Sunday. There should be some retribution.

Alan Vigno won't allow any of that.

I want to know why Tanny Toffness wasn't smearing Delzaster or Ghostberry?

They clip the Captain and there isnt any pushback? AV and his aloof demeanor,what a kitty.

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
As usual, this team gets absolutely shafted by the officials. It's always something, either the team is playing like ****, the franchise is suffering from awful luck, or the league is screwing them.

Carl Hagelin accidentally gets his elbow up on Alfredsson and gets 3 ****ing playoff games, yet Simmonds is dressed and playing the next day.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad