Player Discussion Ryan Lindgren

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I think an argument could be made that Lindgren is about what they hoped McIlrath would be.
I think that we also need to be careful with our projections for him based on this. Right now, he is making the Rangers scouts look like geniuses. But he could have a set back in his sophomore. As could Fox. Let's face it, to say that both of them are exceeding expectations does not really do them justice.

But yeah, he's been great. And looks to be a rock solid contributor to the defense for a good long time. And will only get better.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
This guy is awesome. He is deceptively fast. When you can move the puck well, have good escapability, and play with a damn nasty streak to boot, what's not to love?

Deceptively fast. Late in last night game, he intercepted a centering pass and with 2-1/2 strides, he was already in the neutral zone pushing the counterattack.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
I think an argument could be made that Lindgren is about what they hoped McIlrath would be.

love Lindgren yet McIlrath was supposed to be an a significant intimidating presence. Was stunned when I saw him fight and realized he had no balance. Still doesn’t.

To think Tarasenko should have been a Rangers is just another botched draft opportunity.

Feb 27, 2002
NYC
I think that we also need to be careful with our projections for him based on this. Right now, he is making the Rangers scouts look like geniuses. But he could have a set back in his sophomore. As could Fox. Let's face it, to say that both of them are exceeding expectations does not really do them justice.

But yeah, he's been great. And looks to be a rock solid contributor to the defense for a good long time. And will only get better.

I understand. But my comment has more to do with what Lindgren is right now vis-a-vis McIrath. Right now Lindgren is playing a sound defensive game, starting to take the body more, and is ready to answer the bell if needed.

Where I feel confident that his development will continue is in the way it has progressed this season. He went from playing a simple, positional game to throwing the bigger hits and adding a modicum of offense — without being out of possession or sacrificing defense.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I understand. But my comment has more to do with what Lindgren is right now vis-a-vis McIrath. Right now Lindgren is playing a sound defensive game, starting to take the body more, and is ready to answer the bell if needed.

Where I feel confident that his development will continue is in the way it has progressed this season. He went from playing a simple, positional game to throwing the bigger hits and adding a modicum of offense — without being out of possession or sacrificing defense.
Completely agree

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I could be imagining things, but it seems like hes shooting MUCH more now than he was earlier in the season.

I think pairing him with Fox was the smartest thing that Quinn has done all season. It's allowed him to really focus on his strengths and build upon them, rather than being put in a position where you almost have to try and do more than your capable of (hello Skjei.)

Either way, we need more Lindgrens and fewer Staals.

Kords

Jun 19, 2019
Yeah, he's really coming into his own. Battles hard and mostly stays out of the box. The fact that he draws so much ire from other players all the time really speaks to his battle level.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

May Rih

Jul 27, 2015
Love how solid he's been, another great game.

Gotta admit I did not think he'd ever crack the roster when he was a prospect, happily wrong about that now. I love the type of role he plays; steady, reliable, keeps is simple and solidifies the D pairing.

yada

move 2 dallas 4 work
Nov 6, 2006
watching happy pony
A concern is his long term durability a la Girardi. Dude takes a beating game in, game out. Rumor has it Fox keeps a note to his gf for him.

I think as long as he doesn't get concussed his health could last longer then Girardi. The amount of shot blocking girardi did eventually took its toll.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad