Player Discussion Ryan Lindgren

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
since 1.1.2020, Ryan Lindgren-Adam Fox is the 4th best defensive pairing in hockey by S/V Adjusted CF% and xGF%. Minimum TOI 250 minutes. Amazing pairing and performance by both of them and their pairing is one of the only reasons we have a snowballs chance of the playoffs

related, Skjei-Trouba is the worst pairing in hockey in CF% and 8th worst in xGF% in the same stretch.

follow up: this is all relative stats not raw

Last edited:

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
If Lindgren can continue to work himself into, and maintain, a role reminiscent of some of the guys the Avs had on their blueline during their peak years, he'll be here for a long time.

He brings something very unique to the team, and if he can find chemistry with a guy like Fox, that only makes him and the team that much better.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Lindgren has been great and is a terrific complement to Fox on that pairing. His escapability has come a long way and I'd bet on his zone exits being above average.

He and Fox are already performing at a level I was hoping for them to perform at during their peaks.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
If Lindgren can continue to work himself into, and maintain, a role reminiscent of some of the guys the Avs had on their blueline during their peak years, he'll be here for a long time.

He brings something very unique to the team, and if he can find chemistry with a guy like Fox, that only makes him and the team that much better.
Agreed. I made the Foote comparisons before. A guy that can steady the entire defense and the glue that holds it all together.

Heading into next year, I would say that the Rangers have their second pair.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Lindgren has been great and is a terrific complement to Fox on that pairing. His escapability has come a long way and I'd bet on his zone exits being above average.

He and Fox are already performing at a level I was hoping for them to perform at during their peaks.
I love Lindgren because he doesn't even try to play offense unless there's a good opportunity.

Reactions: Mac n Gs and nyr2k2

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Second pair? Come on dude.
Second pair. Sorry, I am not buying that they have taken over Trouba's spot. Nor do believe that management believes that. The only person last night that largely saw Ovechkin was Trouba. Yes, there were some other times, but yes.

Look at the overall time on ice spent by the players. Look at how much PK time Trouba has played all year as opposed to Fox or Lindgren. He also averaged 4 more minutes than Fox and 6 more than Lindgren. This tells you that management is viewing Fox - Lindgren as the top pair?

I love the pairing as much as anyone, but come one.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Second pair. Sorry, I am not buying that they have taken over Trouba's spot. Nor do believe that management believes that. The only person last night that largely saw Ovechkin was Trouba. Yes, there were some other times, but yes.

Look at the overall time on ice spent by the players. Look at how much PK time Trouba has played all year as opposed to Fox or Lindgren. He also averaged 4 more minutes than Fox and 6 more than Lindgren. This tells you that management is viewing Fox - Lindgren as the top pair?

I love the pairing as much as anyone, but come one.
Yeah, They’re rookies right now. You don’t think their responsibilities are going to grow?

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
This is why I was pissed at the beginning of the year. So many people were like, "Oh yeah he should be a good #6 until the other guys are ready." I was like, f*** that, he's already better than that, and he's 21! When you're 21, you usually have more development ahead of you. Not only that, but he's only a second year pro. Like, he should get even better than he is now. And he brings so much more than just good defense. Hopefully everyone agrees now that he should be considered part of the core, and not just a placeholder or something.

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
This is why I was pissed at the beginning of the year. So many people were like, "Oh yeah he should be a good #6 until the other guys are ready." I was like, f*** that, he's already better than that, and he's 21! When you're 21, you usually have more development ahead of you. Not only that, but he's only a second year pro. Like, he should get even better than he is now. And he brings so much more than just good defense. Hopefully everyone agrees now that he should be considered part of the core, and not just a placeholder or something.
I was dead wrong about him.

Reactions: nyr2k2

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY

He's basically by far outplayed Hajek right now. Rykov was unfortunate with his injuries.

Reactions: NYRFANMANI

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
He's basically by far outplayed Hajek right now. Rykov was unfortunate with his injuries.
Yeah I thought it was a joke that Hajek "beat out" Lindgren to begin with. Lindgren looked better last season and was better in camp this year.

I do like Rykov and have reasonable hopes for him, but I'm not as high on him as most. It's been a tough year for him with the injury, but I also don't think he looked that great. At least, he didn't look like a guy who had been playing in the KHL for years. Just goes to show that jump isn't always as easy as people make it out to be.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Check out Lindgren's:
  • Penalty +/-
  • Exp Goals Ag.
  • Shots Against
  • PK RelxGA
He also quietly has 14 5v5 pts which is 7th overall for rookie defensemen.

upload_2020-3-6_18-58-58.png

Reactions: Leetch3

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
You’re saying they’re going to be the second pairing next year, which they are right now. That implies that their usage/responsibilities will remain about the same.
No, that implies that whomever is with Trouba will be the first pairing and Fox-Lindgren will be the second. I expect no sheltered minutes or much less and more time on the PK as well as an increase in time. That would signify hat their usage/responsibilities have increased.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad