Speculation: Ryan Leslie new Sportsnet role

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
He's awesome. A broadcaster who hasn't managed to attract a single negative post over the course of multiple seasons working for the Flames. That is rare.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
I don't think he is great, but he certainly isn't bad. I find he comes off very homerish but that may have been due to his role with the team.

Not as good as Millions but certainly not on the level of Principe or others that were rumoured/hoped for.

FerklundCGY

Jul 3, 2017
I don't think he is great, but he certainly isn't bad. I find he comes off very homerish but that may have been due to his role with the team.

Not as good as Millions but certainly not on the level of Principe or others that were rumoured/hoped for.

Lmao Ryan Leslie is one of the best and 10x better than Millions.

We also need to give Principe a bit of love. He's dorky as **** but he gives it his all and leaves you either laughing or cringing which always keeps it interesting

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
As obnoxious and unprofessional the stupid puns and costumes that Principe comes up with are they aren't even close to the real problem with him. If that was all it was I could easily ignore him and just thank god he wasn't our guy but the real issue is the god awful questions he asks the opposition players. Everytime he has to work in how great it is to be playing the Oilers or playing a certain Oiler player.

In the midst of their run on 1st overall picks and record settings years missing the play-offs you would think maybe he would stop trying to wedge in garbage platitudes for the Oilers but nope even when they were last in the league he couldn't ask a question that didn't involve something like "how hard is it to stop this amazing Oilers offense" or "it must be pretty special for you to get a chance to go against a guy like Anton Lander." "Hey, Sid Crosby I know you have won the Cup and Gold medals for Canada but obviously coming here to face the 30th place Oilers and with a legend like Mac-T behind the bench must the most special thing you have done in your career."

He is also the master of leading players to answers that he wants or totally contradicting him and kind of coming off like a jerk to state the truth.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad