Ryan Kesler In Practice With The Canucks Today

HankieDankie

Feb 24, 2012
Vancouver
I'm just worried that Kesler probably can't ever be 100% again. I mean that many surgeries is alot on one body.

And I haven't forgotten what happened to Naslund's shot after his surgery.

Hoping for the best though.

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
I miss Beast Mode Kesler. If he can get back to his 2010 van olympics form eventually, plan the parade.

Steve Bennett*

I miss Beast Mode Kesler. If he can get back to his 2010 van olympics form eventually, plan the parade.

O it's planned, don't worry about that. This is definitely the year! This year feels different! :sarcasm:

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
O it's planned, don't worry about that. This is definitely the year! This year feels different! :sarcasm:

It should definitely cruise by Metrotown. I don't want to go downtown on my day off. :naughty:

Also: Kesler's practicing with the team and cleared for contact.

If'n you ain't the grandaddy of all liars...the little creatures of nature...they don't know they're ugly...

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
The point it's been a long time and he likely IS recovered. He could wait another two months and you guys would be worried he's rushing back.

Only the paranoid don't think they are being paranoid.

And players don't play at 110% coming into the season cold, either. Gotta find a balance, and the time scale we've scene here feels comfortable to me.

yoss

May 25, 2011
Holy **** he will be a sight for sore eyes. Can't wait to get him back.

Lemurion

Mar 10, 2011
The point it's been a long time and he likely IS recovered. He could wait another two months and you guys would be worried he's rushing back.

And players don't play at 110% coming into the season cold, either. Gotta find a balance, and the time scale we've scene here feels comfortable to me.

I don't expect 110% performance, but I do want him to wait until 100%, or as close as he can now come, recovery.

My problem is not that I don't think that he should be at or very close to a recovery by now, but that based on his past history I don't feel I can trust anything he says about being ready to come back. If Kesler says he's ready, I think he's wrong. If the team says he's ready, I have somewhat more trust, but none for his unsupported word.

JonnyCash

Sep 28, 2008
Vancouver
I am a huge fan of Kesler taking his time to get back into the line up. We're doing fine without him - we just need him 100% for the playoffs.

nucks88

Jan 8, 2012
The Left Coast
I am a huge fan of Kesler taking his time to get back into the line up. We're doing fine without him - we just need him 100% for the playoffs.

This plus a thousand! As long as we are in the hunt rest him until he is sure he is 100%, same as Booth. Look at the friggin' Kings-slime their way into the playoffs and sweep the table while staying healthy. Who cares about the standings as long as you get to the dance.

Angry Little Elf

My wife came back
Apr 9, 2012
Victoria B.C.
Well then, he should be training with Lance Armstrong.

zing.jpg

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
I don't expect 110% performance, but I do want him to wait until 100%, or as close as he can now come, recovery.

My problem is not that I don't think that he should be at or very close to a recovery by now, but that based on his past history I don't feel I can trust anything he says about being ready to come back. If Kesler says he's ready, I think he's wrong. If the team says he's ready, I have somewhat more trust, but none for his unsupported word.

Exactly this.

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006

Wrong. Recovering from two surgeries in the same arm is extremely difficult to rehab from. Considering his history of rushing back into the lineup before he's properly recovered, even if he had the appropriate recovery time (he hasn't yet), we would still be correct to be concerned.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
If we can keep grinding out a .550-.600 points percentage we should wait as long as Kesler needs.

YogiCanucks

Jan 1, 2007
Vancouver BC
Wrong. Recovering from two surgeries in the same arm is extremely difficult to rehab from. Considering his history of rushing back into the lineup before he's properly recovered, even if he had the appropriate recovery time (he hasn't yet), we would still be correct to be concerned.

Okay, it's quite possible I'm just misinformed about this but isn't this a bit over blown? In 2011 game 5 Kesler tore a muscle in his leg but I can hardly fault him for playing in the Stanley Cup finals. When he came back the next year I'm not so certain he "rushed" back. He definitely wasn't in game shape but he tore his shoulder mid season which was the real reason for his poor performance no?

The only other injury I can remember with Kesler is the 2007 Playoffs when he broke his thumb? in that game 1 marathon but he didn't play again until next year.

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
You're speculating as much as I am. Unless you know what Kesler's actual condition, you have no business telling anyone they're wrong.

[mod: edit]

Last edited by a moderator:

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
If we can keep grinding out a .550-.600 points percentage we should wait as long as Kesler needs.

This. Even if Kesler is ready now, or at the end of the week, I say keep him out another week just to make sure. If we can keep picking up points, what's the rush? We really need beast-mode Kesler for the playoffs.

JA

Anyone catch the Keslerbomb during Dan Murphy's interview with Chris Tanev?

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Thanks! Any idea on what the top 2 lines will look like when he returns?

Sedin/Sedin/Kassian?
Burrows/Kesler/Hansen?

The first line will be some variant of the Twins and Kassian or the Twins and Burrows.

Second line is up in the air; Some combination of Kesler, Raymond, Schroeder, Hansen, Burrows/Kassian and Higgins. :laugh:

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
The first line will be some variant of the Twins and Kassian or the Twins and Burrows.

Second line is up in the air; Some combination of Kesler, Raymond, Schroeder, Hansen, Burrows/Kassian and Higgins. :laugh:

Thanks! I hope he comes back soon! My fantasy teams needs him! :naughty:

Also to help the canucks in there playoff push as well, but my fantasy team comes first! =P

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->