Injury Report: Ryan Jones will miss a few weeks

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Edmonton Oilers ‏@EdmontonOilers
As per @Bob_Stauffer, Ryan Jones and Ben Eager skating in non-contact practice jerseys prior to #Oilers Morning Skate

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Ryan Dittrick ‏@ryandittrick
#Oilers Ryan Jones has ditched the bubble and is wearing a normal half visor at practice. Regular blue jersey, too.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
I honestly think a healthy Jones and a healthy Eager would make a huge difference in the bottom 6.

We all know what Jones brings... not everyone likes Eager but I liked what I saw from Eager in his very short ice time in his only game. They both provide energy and some speed when they play up to their abilities and that's something the team needs more of outside the top 2 lines.

BowDangles

May 2, 2010
Edmonton
Right now the problem is its two more wingers that come in and no one to play centre..
So what would the bottom two lines look like if Jones and Eager are cleared to play?

Eager-Smyth-Jones
Hartikinen-???-Petrell

So on Sunday when Belanger returns it would be

Smyth-Belanger-Jones
Eager-???-Petrell

Even with these two coming back we still need another bottom 6 centre man... I guess you could do this:

Eager- Smyth - Jones
Hartikinen - Belagner - Petrell

But Smyth looked exposed at times late in last nights game, too much skating for him at centre..

OneMoreAstronaut

Reduce chainsaw size
May 3, 2003
I honestly think a healthy Jones and a healthy Eager would make a huge difference in the bottom 6.

We all know what Jones brings... not everyone likes Eager but I liked what I saw from Eager in his very short ice time in his only game. They both provide energy and some speed when they play up to their abilities and that's something the team needs more of outside the top 2 lines.

The problem with Eager is he played all of last year tentatively, like he knew he would get hurt (IE: concussed) again. Then, after an extra-long break from the game and plenty of time to heal his head up, he goes out and plays like we had always expected him to... but gets concussed again. In his first game back.

If we see Eager again this year, I would bet that it will be the same tentative Eager from last year. And if he isn't tentative, then I would bet that he lasts no more than ten games before he's concussed again.

Turrican*

Put Eager at center.

He will be a scary imposing beast a la Lindros, minus the skill. (Has some good speed!)

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Right now the problem is its two more wingers that come in and no one to play centre..
So what would the bottom two lines look like if Jones and Eager are cleared to play?

Eager-Smyth-Jones
Hartikinen-???-Petrell

So on Sunday when Belanger returns it would be

Smyth-Belanger-Jones
Eager-???-Petrell

Even with these two coming back we still need another bottom 6 centre man... I guess you could do this:

Eager- Smyth - Jones
Hartikinen - Belagner - Petrell

But Smyth looked exposed at times late in last nights game, too much skating for him at centre..

I know Petrell has played center. Maybe just get Smytty to take the draw, and then swap to wing

Hockey Nightmare

Oct 25, 2007
My lines:

Hall - Gagner - Eberle
Jones - RNH - Hemsky
Eager - Belanger - Yak
Harti - VandeVelde/Lander - Petrell

No Smyth or MPS? all of a sudden, too many bodies...

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Pat Quinn...hows the promotion been treating you?

Yep. Size and grit with skill only works if it's a guy that can keep up with the skill. Jones is a great 3rd line guy who can fill in if someone goes down, but he's never going to be good enough to be a regular in the top 6

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->