Prospect Info: Ryan Johnson, D, 2019 #31 overall: Signed, Rochester (AHL), Assigned 3/8/24

Yultron

Apr 18, 2017
After drafting Cozens great way to end the first round restocking our defensive cupboards . Now looking really promising long term with Laaksonen , Samuelsson and now Johnson and I like Botterill’s thinking being able to control his development for 4 years opposed to two.

This is one strategy I agree with

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
After drafting Cozens great way to end the first round restocking our defensive cupboards . Now looking really promising long term with Laaksonen , Samuelsson and now Johnson and I like Botterill’s thinking being able to control his development for 4 years opposed to two.

This is one strategy I agree with

"Restocking"

Our 5th best D prospect is better than our 3rd best forward prospect

Reactions: sabremike

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
This feels a lot like the Samuelson pick last year. Safe smart defensive d. Not a bad pick although he left a lot of skilled forwards on the board again.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
When I said something out loud when the Sabres made the pick, the play-by-play announcer for the NTDP was sitting at the bar next to me and said this kid is a great player and you should be very happy. I mentioned we drafted Samuelsson last year and he said this kid is way better than Samuelsson. And he called his games for two years. Made me feel WAY better about the pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->