Ryan Johansens NHL Equivalent

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
He is definitly more physical than Spezza but he doesnt have the skill level that Spezza has.

I think Carter or Zajac are better comparisons. I dont think he will put up huge numbers in the NHL but can get by as a number 1 center who uses his body well

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
I dont like the Carter comparisons because he doesnt really have the shot or scoring touch of Carter. He's more of a playmaker. He could be like Carter but more of a playmaker version. As in the sense that he would have the same value/points put up. I do see Johansen as more of a poor man's Getzlaf that will be centering Nash for a very long time.

PortlandWinterHawks

Dec 4, 2010
to be honest, I was skeptical of his skills when he was drafted, but he is proving to be worthy of his draft position for sure. His improvements from year to year is absolutely mindblowing. Even though he may not put up sexy numbers, he does everything you want and will be successful at the next level.

Sandino

Feb 3, 2006
Ryan Getzlaf

I'm convinced I'm the only guy that thinks Ryan Johansen has that type of elite upside. The points will be there, as he could be playing Rick Nash in the future.

arsmaster*

Ryan Getzlaf

I'm convinced I'm the only guy that thinks Ryan Johansen has that type of elite upside. The points will be there, as he could be playing Rick Nash in the future.

He's not mean enough to be compared with Getzlaf IMO, nor does he possess the cannon of a shot either.

I see more Joe Thornton-light....pass first, big, protects the puck well, great vision.

I dont see his upside at 100 points, but his game mostly resembles Joe Thorton's, with a mix of Jordan Staal, and he has that slippery elusiveness that Jason Spezza has.

Its hard to pin point one player....he has characteristics of a lot of big, pass first, puck protecting centers....that's about all I can say about him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad