Ryan Johansen II (contract etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com
At least we agree tanev is massively overrated.

i am confused how this guy should be paid 5 mil but in a trade he's worth three 1sts and edler or a roster dman.

how can cbj have so much cap space and not budge on 2 million dollars when thats how you value him.

i see rnh play and absolutely float for the oilers. u want johansen to take less term and less money when he drags his team into the playoffs with no name wingers like atkinson.

ohio does not know how to value franchise players and i dont blame them. Carter nash lebron always the same story.
20+ goal scoring wingers really are no namers these days I guess (especially when they don't even play with Johansen..)

The thing is, if we pay him 3m or 7m now, he's still our guy and we maintain his production and roster spot. Trading him away not only effects us now, but probably effects us for 10+ years.

Huggy

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
20+ goal scoring wingers really are no namers these days I guess (especially when they don't even play with Johansen..)

The thing is, if we pay him 3m or 7m now, he's still our guy and we maintain his production and roster spot. Trading him away not only effects us now, but probably effects us for 10+ years.

From appearance i cannot see why hes not signed yet. From appearance it makes it look like both sides arnt working on it at all.

for 3 million dollars to not keep your captain in good regard with the team i question the teams ability to sign him long term.

yea hell sign a 2 year 6 mil year deal this year but be prepared for the 11mil payday he wants and deserves.

that is his worth. its laughable hes being screwed around for 4 mil check what similiar stars got with better linemates.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
From appearance i cannot see why hes not signed yet. From appearance it makes it look like both sides arnt working on it at all.

for 3 million dollars to not keep your captain in good regard with the team i question the teams ability to sign him long term.

yea hell sign a 2 year 6 mil year deal this year but be prepared for the 11mil payday he wants and deserves.

that is his worth. its laughable hes being screwed around for 4 mil check what similiar stars got with better linemates.

1. He's not the captain, and he won't be.

2. If he earns 11 million dollars after this contract, by all means, give it to him.

3. What about John Tavares' contract? Seems like he got screwed for more than 4 mill.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
how can cbj have so much cap space and not budge on 2 million dollars when thats how you value him.

It's simple economics - they want the price as low as possible now so he doesn't break the bank in two years. If they can get him to sign for $4.5 per now, then $6.5-$7 per in a couple years seems like a pretty big jump. If they sign him for 2 years/$12 million now, he'll want $8+ per on his next contract. Keep the price low now so it's not astronomical in a couple years.

I'm not sure why you're using RNH as a comparable for contract (price & length). What exactly have the Oilers done with all these top picks? And where are they going?

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
ohio does not know how to value franchise players and i dont blame them. Carter nash lebron always the same story.

Check it out, some sweet Canadian superiority complex.

There are a few people around here that can value players. Trade valuation for a young player like this is different than valuation on a contract. They would ask for more in a trade then they would agree to from a RFA contract perspective.

CBJ aren't going to be in a hurry to move Johansen. He has the potential to be exactly what we are looking for; a true top line center. We (the front office) just wants another year before we throw the farm at him.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009

Rick Nash and Jeff Carter are franchise players? When? Notice how Carter never won anything being 'the guy' in Philly or Columbus? Now he's a support player behind Kopitar, and he's thriving. Not a franchise player. Do I need to mention Nash's disappearing act for the Rangers and the season he just went through? Some franchise player. What a complete idiotic statement, and you know it.

Huggy

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
Check it out, some sweet Canadian superiority complex.

There are a few people around here that can value players. Trade valuation for a young player like this is different than valuation on a contract. They would ask for more in a trade then they would agree to from a RFA contract perspective.

CBJ aren't going to be in a hurry to move Johansen. He has the potential to be exactly what we are looking for; a true top line center. We (the front office) just wants another year before we throw the farm at him.

A player is definately worth more in a trade than an RFA contract I agree, I also agree CBJ wants to see one more year before the big money.

In my opinion though not giving him his 2 year 7 mil a year deal a month ago is going to put some real pressure on negotiations in 2 years time, total speculation considering these negotations occure like this everyday in the NHL but RyJo is a franchise player that I believe is better than Tavares or Toews with the right system and line mates.

I am totally bias to assume bad blood is boiling, I just cant comprehend why he isn't signed when your selling out the arena and ready to compete with every other playoff team for a spot. 4 million over 2 years is laughable for a playoff birth.

TC is starting next week, I really hope a contract is done, its more serious than people think. And the only reason I am so interested is Vancouver is probably hungering to pull the Offersheet trigger.

Huggy

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
Rick Nash and Jeff Carter are franchise players? When? Notice how Carter never won anything being 'the guy' in Philly or Columbus? Now he's a support player behind Kopitar, and he's thriving. Not a franchise player. Do I need to mention Nash's disappearing act for the Rangers and the season he just went through? Some franchise player. What a complete idiotic statement, and you know it.

Carter was as good as Kopitar or Williams for the Conn SMythe, he also was the best player in the olympics.

Don't be fooled 25 points in 26 playoff games is a franchise player, maybe Nash with 3 in 25 isn't.

That's what's so hard to say one player exists in the playoffs one doesn't.

Ryjo = 6 points in 6gp = Franchise against the Pens too

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007

All this kid has posted on the mains is BS about him being friends with Joey or something, and how no matter what we do he's gonna go home to play in Vancouver. We might as well give up trying to sign him, and this little guy should spearhead the rest of the negotiations.

Huggy

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
All this kid has posted on the mains is BS about him being friends with Joey or something, and how no matter what we do he's gonna go home to play in Vancouver. We might as well give up trying to sign him, and this little guy should spearhead the rest of the negotiations.

No it's just fascinating to me Jarmo Kekalainen

is so committed to low balling the best player CBJ will ever have. And what will happen in 2016 when he wants 12 million a year.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Carter was as good as Kopitar or Williams for the Conn SMythe, he also was the best player in the olympics.

Don't be fooled 25 points in 26 playoff games is a franchise player, maybe Nash with 3 in 25 isn't.

That's what's so hard to say one player exists in the playoffs one doesn't.

Ryjo = 6 points in 6gp = Franchise against the Pens too

Are you serious? Pointing to the OLYMPICS (surrounded by the best players in the world) and the playoffs to determine if someone is a franchise player?

Playoffs? I guess Danny Briere is a franchise player. Better go get him

Huggy

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
Are you serious? Pointing to the OLYMPICS (surrounded by the best players in the world) and the playoffs to determine if someone is a franchise player?

Playoffs? I guess Danny Briere is a franchise player. Better go get him

That's not fair in the olympics you're playing against the best as well.

And yea you do over value players who step it up in the playoffs. Briere wasn't enough to get them past NYR but past Boston is an accomplishment no?

Johansen almost took CBJ to game 7 with Sidney Crosby after they won their first ever playoff game a week earlier, it probably would not have happened without Jo. That's worth franchise player money now.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009

is so committed to low balling the best player CBJ will ever have. And what will happen in 2016 when he wants 12 million a year.

Easy, because they don't trust him yet. I know you figured out who he was last year when he exploded, but the first two years here he didn't do anything offensively to sniff even 4 million dollars. We have guys like Bobrovsky, Jenner, Murray, among others expiring in the next 1-3 years and there needs to be cap for them. We're doing whats in the best long term outlook of the franchise, if Johansen can prove that he is the elite player that he showed last year, he'll get his money, we're not the Oilers and just give away long term huge contracts with limited proof of being elite (Think they regret that RNH contract now? I do).

There's other important players not named Ryan Johansen on this team, and we need to accommodate them too.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
That's not fair in the olympics you're playing against the best as well.

And yea you do over value players who step it up in the playoffs. Briere wasn't enough to get them past NYR but past Boston is an accomplishment no?

Johansen almost took CBJ to game 7 with Sidney Crosby after they won their first ever playoff game a week earlier, it probably would not have happened without Jo. That's worth franchise player money now.
Yeah Carter really had a tough time playing against the likes of team Latvia. Bunch of elites over there.

Briere had 4 points in the playoffs against Boston/Tampa/NYR...Seems like he really did his part. Bryan Bickell must be elite too after what he did for Chicago last year.

Huggy

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
Easy, because they don't trust him yet. I know you figured out who he was last year when he exploded, but the first two years here he didn't do anything offensively to sniff even 4 million dollars. We have guys like Bobrovsky, Jenner, Murray, among others expiring in the next 1-3 years and there needs to be cap for them. We're doing whats in the best long term outlook of the franchise, if Johansen can prove that he is the elite player that he showed last year, he'll get his money, we're not the Oilers and just give away long term huge contracts with limited proof of being elite (Think they regret that RNH contract now? I do).

There's other important players not named Ryan Johansen on this team, and we need to accommodate them too.

a 2 year deal at 7 million doesn't interfere with any of that.

It's just having good faith in your player.

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007

He's the best player we're ever gonna have, and he's gonna ask for $12 million? Gee, how do you have time to post on HF when surely your phone is ringing off the hook for job offers? I mean, your foresight is unparalleled. Doesn't everyone want a piece of you?

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Most important reason for Joey to sign is to end these inane discussions. :shakehead

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007

Haha yeah Joey is the only reason we got to game 6. You're just embarrassing yourself now.

Huggy

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
He's the best player we're ever gonna have, and he's gonna ask for $12 million? Gee, how do you have time to post on HF when surely your phone is ringing off the hook for job offers? I mean, your foresight is unparalleled. Doesn't everyone want a piece of you?

Well Toews just got 11 million and yes I'd bet my children on Johansen being even better than him. 1 Stanely Cup being on the most stacked team since 02, another in a shortened season.

Johansen is 21 and scored 30 goals with no team wake up.

Thanks for the civility.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Well Toews just got 11 million and yes I'd bet my children on Johansen being even better than him. 1 Stanely Cup being on the most stacked team since 02, another in a shortened season.

No team lol. Go look back on some of his goals, some are tip ins off great feeds from Foligno, Dubinsky, among others or great rebounds off shots by Wisniewski or Johnson. You're kidding yourself, please stop saying nonsense.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus

Thanks for the civility.

Toews is on like his third contract. Horrible comparison. If Johansen plays like Toews has on his second deal, his third will put him in Toews' neighborhood.

"No team"? Now you're just being silly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad