Ryan Hartman

HART2019

Dec 15, 2018
One word to describe Ryan Hartman's play: BOLD

Think about all these depth guys that the Flyers had with Hackstol. Boring 3rd and 4th line players. I swear sometimes I think Laughton is the least creative player I've ever seen. But he tries hard so he makes the team and he's a good forechecker.

I believe Hartman is of a similar mold as these type of players except he has an edge and he's not scared to try a move or hit somebody. This is exactly the type of players the Flyers need as bottom 6 players IMHO over guys like Lehtera, Weiss, Laughton, etc I actually also think that Hartman is a good enough skater and has enough skill to fill in at a top 6 role from time to time.

Reactions: Nolan Hatrick

tymed

Jun 11, 2007
British Columbia
Bit of a braindead moment on his back check that ended up in the back of our net. To his defence though, no one could be expected to see foresee the massive stupidity of Ghost's "play" at the blue line there. Overall nice first showing in orange and black though, the kind of player we need a bit more of around here.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
One question I had was who were his linemates in Chicago?

After not liking the deal to liking it I’m going to wait the rest of the year before loving it. But it seems Fletcher went out and got exactly what this team needed. One of the things at least. The way Hartman played last night he will be a 20 goal scorers with Frost and JVR.

Willis88

Oct 5, 2011
Philadelphia
He kind of reminds me of a less talented konecny. Looks like a twin of Taylor Leier

Edit: I mean he looks like Leier in his face haha

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
It's called "rebuilding." Hextall filled out the back of the roster with low cost scrubs and saved his assets for the draft.

Hextall has collected a bunch of talented young forwards but it takes a while from the draft to the NHL: Frost, Ratcliffe, Rubtsov, Laberge, Kase, Allison, Laczynski, Farabee, O'Brien - but we're talking 1-3 more years.

Which is why Fletcher was looking for a young forward who was NHL ready, not another prospect who won't arrive for a few years - the cupboard was fill, so unless you're getting a top 20 pick, why bother? And I doubt anyone offered a 1st for Simmonds. A late 2nd is likely to be another NAK or Bailey. Whereas Hartman can help right now and for the next 2-3 years on a low cost RFA contract.

KrazyKat

May 27, 2013
Vancouver
The last thing we need is Hartman taking ice time away from Konecny.

Also, he had 19 goals in Chicago. Not "over 20."

I am not saying he should be taking over Konecny’s spot. But keep in mind Hartman is 24, drafted around a similar spot Konecny was. If needed he could fill in there.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

After not liking the deal to liking it I’m going to wait the rest of the year before loving it. But it seems Fletcher went out and got exactly what this team needed. One of the things at least. The way Hartman played last night he will be a 20 goal scorers with Frost and JVR.

He moved around a lot both in Chicago & Nashville but his most common linemate in Chicago was Kane.

Reactions: TheKingPin

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018

He played a lot of 5v5 with Hossa.

Ryan Hartman - Teammates - Individual - Natural Stat Trick

Edit this was the 16-17 season the famous 19 goal season.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Fun fact about Simmonds' 5 on 5 play - his career plus/minus rating as a Flyer is by far the worst of any skater in franchise history. The second worst rating is -44; Simmonds accumulated a -78 rating in the Orange and Black.

I was a HUGE fan of Ryan Hartman's in his draft year; he was one of my all-time favorite prospects. I simply love what this kid brings to the table - he's a winner. He will be a fan favorite here in no time and can absolutely be a key contributor on the third line of a Cup-contending squad.

Plus/minus doesnt really shed a lot of insights into a players overall game. Its almost meaningless.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Aaaaaaaaand a cocaine kingpin.
Well, that’s certainly businesslike. But think Ron would have traded for him if he knew those allegations?
Otherwise, Lehtera was the typical slow, boring veteran who was lauded by Ron for how good he was “in the room.”

mercury

Mar 10, 2003
South Philly/SoCal
Visit site
NbxjaFU.jpg

It really looks like the guy in the stands is the one punching him.

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
Damn me for getting this joke. Now I want Progenitus in goal because he's indestructible.
Progenitus has protection from everything. He'll never be bad enough to get waived, or put on the IR due to injury. He may be healthy scratched though, the only thing that could stop him his a reject coach like our former HC, Doubtfully Helpful.

Reactions: Amorgus

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
Progenitus has protection from everything. He'll never be bad enough to get waived, or put on the IR due to injury. He may be healthy scratched though, the only thing that could stop him his a reject coach like our former HC, Doubtfully Helpful.
Hak would feed him to a sac outlet for one colorless mana. :laugh:

Reactions: Ruck Over

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->