Michael Russo: Ryan Hartman Re-signs - 3 years, $5.1m [$1.7m AAV]

Status
Not open for further replies.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
I'm happy to bring back Hartman on a reasonable deal...... something like 3 x $2.5 without a NTC/NMC

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
I really like Hartman and would love to have him back, but this is the deal you work on after everyone else gets paid.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
I'd love to have Hartman back, especially if they can keep it close to or under $2m. Very useful player, especially on this team.

I do sort of wonder who's actually supposed to go this summer, though. I guess Johansson, but if we're keeping Hartman and trying to extend Bonino and Cole... like are all of these guys taking discounts, or what?

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I'd love to have Hartman back, especially if they can keep it close to or under $2m. Very useful player, especially on this team.

I do sort of wonder who's actually supposed to go this summer, though. I guess Johansson, but if we're keeping Hartman and trying to extend Bonino and Cole... like are all of these guys taking discounts, or what?
Don’t know that Bonino is in the plans for next year.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I'm going to have a little bit of faith right now that he's not going to jeopardize Kaprizov, Fiala or Eriksson Ek by getting this one done. I'm going to assume that since he (obviously) has been talking to Hartman's agent, that he's talking to the others as well.

Reactions: MK9

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I don't either, but Russo's been pretty adamant about Guerin wanting to keep he and Cole in the fold. Could always amount to nothing.
Cole I can see him wanting back for the right price. He’s been a good addition and stabilized the 3rd pair. Bonino I think is just Russo speculating. Not that I’d be extremely against it, but I don’t see that being anywhere near a priority right now

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
I really like Hartman and would love to have him back, but this is the deal you work on after everyone else gets paid.
This is basically confirmation he's going to 7-3-1 in expansion.

You have to expose 2 forwards that meet games played requirements and are signed next year.

If we're going 7(Parise, Zuc, Ek, Fiala, greenway, Foligno, Sturm), only Rask is left exposed that meets the requirements.

They needed a forward under contract to be able to expose 2. Now they'll pick between Sturm and Hartman for that 7th protection slot.

Had to do it now(or soon)

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
If we're not playing Bonino as a middle six center now, I don't know where he would fit in the next 2-3 years. And I certainly don't know where his cap would fit.

Wasted Talent

Sponsor
Aug 9, 2011
I can't see any reason to be upset about this if it's as heavily discounted as Russo seems to be implying.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I keep forgetting he's not 28/29 years old. This runs through his 27-29 years. He should be able to get 1 more fairly nice deal after this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad