Confirmed with Link: Ryan Graves for Chris Bigras

Status
Not open for further replies.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Nothing to see here. Graves never got a shot here. He got surpassed quickly on the depth chart when DeAngelo and Pionk were added. Gilmour had a good year down there also.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
I'm not the most well versed on prospects, but I'll share my two cents. Bigras was really exciting in junior, we Avs fans and the organization seemed really high on the kid. He's had a couple concussions which did / have messed him up. His skating is excellent, he's always been noted for being a really smart player. He was supposed to be a calm, puck moving type, but since his concussions he seems really scared on ice. When he was in the NHL he was really jumpy and correspondingly made a lot mistakes, which earned him benchings, which further shot his confidence, and you can see the cycle that starts there. A fresh start is probably the best thing for him. Probably needs a coach willing to spend time on him and rehabilitate his game. His talent isn't in question, he's got the tools to be a quality NHL defender.

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
I actually think this is a nice little bonus to find out after the fact. It did not seem like Graves was going to get a shot here and I actually think Bigras still has upside to be a good NHLer. Nothing special but a guy who can play. Good deal. Hope Graves gets a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad