Ryan Getzlaf Vs Zach Parise

Discussion in 'NHL Draft - Prospects' started by Randall Graves*, Feb 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
View Users: View Users
  1. Who will be the better player? They were chosen only a few picks apart and are obviously total opposites in the size department.

thanks.

2. Hockey-Freak

Hockey-Freak Registered User

I´d say they are hard to compare. Getzlaf is more of a power forward while Parise is a two-way center.
    As of now, I would say Getzlaf is the better of the two and point wise he will be in the future.
    But I think people are starting to underrate Parise here. He´s got a lot of talent and not that much pressure in the Devils system to put up points right now. Don´t know if he will become a 1st line forward like Getzlaf is likely to be but he could become a 1b or very good 2nd line center.
    You have to notice that his stats are comparable to Jeff Carters, a guy of that many people thought he would compete for the rookie of the year...and the Devils had a really bad season start!
    Getzlaf is the more saver "prospect". We have to wait a little to see what Parise is able to do.
    In my opinion it´s still too early to judge the 03-class. Best example is Eric Staal. I remember a guy on this board who said short bevor the season start that Patrice Bergeron is easily in the same class as Staal...half a year later he probably wouldn´t repeat it.
    If Parise breaks out next season this threat would have a completely different face than I expect my follow posters will create now.

3. Jason MacIsaac

Jason MacIsaac Registered User

NWO RCN
    Getzlaf will be the better 1st line center but Parise is gonna be a perfect 2nd line center for years to come on a winning team. He loves the game so damn much its scary.

4. rigger

rigger Registered User

Dream Weaver
    Getzlaf = Power forward - Arnott potential

Parise = 2 way center - Henrik Sedin Potential

My opinion only, and if he ends up like Sedin, the devils are not doing too badly.

5. Omniscient Gadfly

Omniscient Gadfly Registered User

Home Page:
    parise hasn't met the lofty expectations set on these boards - that said, after a slow start playing centre, he has started finding his game playing primarily on the left wing.

his numbers are not in the same stratosphere as other top rookies, but the devils aren't known to push youngsters into important offensive roles. i think what's most impressive about zach is the minutes he logs all over the ice - pp, pk, and even in the final minutes of periods/games. he's got a great understanding of the game, and i think its just a matter of getting more nhl experience before he really improves his offensive numbers.

i've always liked getzlaf's panache, but there's no denying he's sporadic. he's prone to floating and does not play as physical as you'd expect a big guy to play. still, great talent, but i don't believe he's got it in him to be the complete player that zach will ultimately become.

i see comparable points from both players down the road, but parise the more valuable commodity for his all around game.

6. Flames Draft Watcher

Flames Draft Watcher Registered User

Home Page:
    I think Getzlaf has a much higher upside. He's big, strong and very skilled. He should be much harder to contain and shut down than Parise.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.