Speculation: Ryan Ellis to Edmonton

McYoungGuns

Jul 2, 2009
Edmonton,Alberta
Nah, Oilers fans just continuing to be major homers is all.

I would add a bunch to Tyson Barrie to get Ellis... I wouldn't trade Barrie straight up for Larsson.

It took Larsson 142 games to register his last 32 points. Ellis did that in 44 games in 1 season.

name me a few times that evaluation have ever even been close when trades occur??

they are never close, in the real world trades are mostly done for lesser pieces and almost never for the bigger pieces or prospects that are in these value of certain player threads, call us homers but when a trade for any of those players happen it will be the lesser pieces not the overpayments that are called for here

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
I'm on team 'no trades' reds but if you want Ellis, Preds needs re a replacement RHD, 2nd line RW who can score 20 goals, and picks.

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010
I'm an Oiler fan. I would do this
You don't speak for most Oilers fans because that is just another bad trade in a long list of bad trades. Who in their right mind would think trading a cost effective d man in Klefbom plus most likely boqvist for a guy a year away from UFA is a good idea?

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010
Nah, Oilers fans just continuing to be major homers is all.

I would add a bunch to Tyson Barrie to get Ellis... I wouldn't trade Barrie straight up for Larsson.

It took Larsson 142 games to register his last 32 points. Ellis did that in 44 games in 1 season.
Classic. When Hall was an Oiler every ask was oh Oiler fans overrate their players and than fast forward 2 years and we got the same clowns (like you) saying how the team was sooooooooo stupid to trade him for anything other than a Subban level player.

Reactions: PuckinGood

lanceuppercut75

Feb 20, 2016
Toronto area
This made me lol not gonna lie.

Larsson worth more then Ellis? :laugh:
Adam Larsson signed for a good amount of time

versus

One year of Ryan Ellis

Yeah, Larsson is worth more. Trade value on 1 year contracts is noticeably lower than guys that are locked up, and deadline rentals even moreso. It's just the way the market works.

Devilsrock17

Jun 20, 2018
What about Ellis to New Jersey?He played with Taylor Hall in Juniors...Ellis to New Jersey for Severson and Quennville?

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Why does anybody think the Preds would downgrade their team for the 2018-19 season? Larsson and Severson or picks and prospects are downgrades. It really doesn't matter from the Preds' perspective what the contracts look like any further downstream from this year. Preds can afford anybody, and don't anticipate any trouble re-signing Ellis. But also are highly likely to lose their #4 defenseman to Seattle in a couple years either way. It's all relative. But if you're coming to Nashville and asking for their player who they have no intention of trading, you might want to take the Nashville perspective into consideration.

ThreeOfAPerfectPair

Oct 26, 2017
Edmonton
Why does anybody think the Preds would downgrade their team for the 2018-19 season? Larsson and Severson or picks and prospects are downgrades. It really doesn't matter from the Preds' perspective what the contracts look like any further downstream from this year. Preds can afford anybody, and don't anticipate any trouble re-signing Ellis. But also are highly likely to lose their #4 defenseman to Seattle in a couple years either way. It's all relative. But if you're coming to Nashville and asking for their player who they have no intention of trading, you might want to take the Nashville perspective into consideration.

Long-term asset management so they can continue being a contender past next season.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Long-term asset management so they can continue being a contender past next season.
Then you don't understand the makeup of the Preds roster, their cap situation, or the team objectives very well. Or furthermore those of any contending team. Trading Ryan Ellis for futures is not on the table.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->