Ryan Ellis leads the second group in HF's ranking of the Top 50 NHL prospects

ChokeOnOil

Lambs to Lions
Feb 11, 2007
Edmonton
Martin Marincin at 40, that's huge for a Slovakian kid in his rookie season who spoke ZERO English to start the season and had to get the stuff his coaches told him translated if there was time. :laugh:

Great kid, very good player. Should be a top-2 guy hopefully if we don't rush him.

IHWR

The Chiropractor
Jul 25, 2006
Ottawa, ON
And the red wings scouts did it again.....

Did what? Draft a highly skilled guy that dropped due to question marks around his durability?

Pulkkinen isn't in the same category as other famous Detroit gems because everyone knew how good he was leading up to the draft. They rolled the dice and so far it's looking like a great pick.

The real gem in this block of players is Taylor Beck. That was a heck of a third round pick by the Preds...almost cracked the NHL roster in his rookie year. He's going to be a good one.

Akonite

Mar 9, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
And the red wings scouts did it again.....

Eh, when it comes to Pulkkinen i'm not sure. He was touted incredibly high only a little while ago and i remember reading pages and pages of the thread saying he might go first overall. I was shocked how low he fell in the draft, and i think Ken Holland was too.

Wheatking

Sep 25, 2006
After seeing Stefan Elliot at 48 I didn't think Marincin was going to make the cut...but I thought Elliot was a 2010 draft pick. It's nice to see Marincin get some recognition.

Temego

Mar 8, 2011
Did what? Draft a highly skilled guy that dropped due to question marks around his durability?

Pulkkinen isn't in the same category as other famous Detroit gems because everyone knew how good he was leading up to the draft. They rolled the dice and so far it's looking like a great pick.

The real gem in this block of players is Taylor Beck. That was a heck of a third round pick by the Preds...almost cracked the NHL roster in his rookie year. He's going to be a good one.

Well said. Pulkkinen was ranked in the top 2 with Taylor Hall a year before the draft by some sources.

Z-Diddy

Mar 20, 2004
Uh... Brooklyn!
I'm aware that this is a late and lame gripe, but what's with the format this year? The club icons were a quick and easy way to scan to your teams prospect, rather than reading most of the article, and each opening line sounds like the call at a race track, "and bursting through on the outside is..."

BOT I like the position of Beck, although risky, he got rave reviews from Pred camp, he and Blake G beasted in a couple rookie games

serum114

Mar 1, 2002
Calgary
Visit site
I'm aware that this is a late and lame gripe, but what's with the format this year? The club icons were a quick and easy way to scan to your teams prospect, rather than reading most of the article, and each opening line sounds like the call at a race track, "and bursting through on the outside is..."

BOT I like the position of Beck, although risky, he got rave reviews from Pred camp, he and Blake G beasted in a couple rookie games

I feel confident speaking to this, as I discussed it with Ken.

These blocks of ten are articles announcing the list, but there will still be a traditional HF Top 50 set up once all is said and done complete with player profiles and the rest of it once the blocks of ten are all released.

The Magic Man

With God given hands
Sep 1, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
Does anyone else think Luke Adam should be a little higher. I honestly don't know him at all, but his stats seem great for a rookie in the AHL. Better then our Kadri, IMO. Does he play on a true #1 line? I know the Marlies role 4 lines and split up the offense, even had Voros playing with Kadri for a bit.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
i'm a *little* surprised to see Ryan Ellis outside of even the top 30, given that while an overager, he's now the highest scoring defenseman in OHL history, and his stock seems to have risen considerably since even being drafted, but my surprise is tempered by my pleasure at the recognition of Taylor Beck, who has put up monster seasons in the OHL back to back, and was one of the last cuts at training camp this year.

Nasty Nazem

Come at me Crow!
Apr 5, 2010
Canada
Does anyone else think Luke Adam should be a little higher. I honestly don't know him at all, but his stats seem great for a rookie in the AHL. Better then our Kadri, IMO. Does he play on a true #1 line? I know the Marlies role 4 lines and split up the offense, even had Voros playing with Kadri for a bit.

Not sure about other people but I don't see him as a potential top liner, I think he could become a good 2nd liner. He's got great numbers as a rookie in the AHL though. I'd imagine if Adam had top line talent, he would likely be much higher on these lists.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
The top 30 should be interesting, prospects from canadian teams that should fit in for sure are Kadri, Hodgson, Rundblad and Cowen, along with hopefuls such as Kristo, Leblanc, Lehner, Pitlick. Then the NHLers that may have missed the max games count, Hall, Eberle, MPS

edit: I stand corrected, Pitlick is lower then Marincin. Cannot make it

Macch

Mar 22, 2010
looks like de Haan will be snubbed again. Its ok so did Hamonic.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Can one of the writers explain to me how Justin Shultz doesn't make the list but Jake Gardiner does? I don't understand that.

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
The top 30 should be interesting, prospects from canadian teams that should fit in for sure are Kadri, Hodgson, Rundblad and Cowen, along with hopefuls such as Kristo, Leblanc, Lehner, Pitlick. Then the NHLers that may have missed the max games count, Hall, Eberle, MPS

edit: I stand corrected, Pitlick is lower then Marincin. Cannot make it

Kristo's season certainly doesn't look worthy. Leblanc probably isn't high end enough, although I like his game. Lehner won't get in, his AHL numbers at 19 are impressive though despite being shuttled up and down all year (2.56, 917.% in 20 GP, 3 SO). Pitlick would be interesting but his draft status and being 2010 drafted probably keeps him out.

Helsingin Jokerit

Mar 13, 2011
Everyone who says that Pulkkinen is Zetterbeg or datsyuk kind of steal is wrong, they were unknown players, but Pulkkinen only dropped out of the top 10 because of injuries. He had lots of bad luck with those injuries, all stacked in a two year span.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad