Player Discussion Ryan Dzingel

Status
Not open for further replies.

devbouz12

Eugene's dad
Jan 15, 2012
Still feel like he's expendable (when comparing with Stone and Duchene). It'd almost be a slap in the face if the other 2 left but we signed Dzingel, like "hey our two best players are gone but we got Zinger signed so it's all good!"

Reactions: DrEasy

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Is he going to get as many goals when Pageau (1-3:4 in 13 games) instead of Duchene feeds him?
Pageau has been playing a shutdown role with Smith and Pjaarvi with no pp time. Not sure how you can use him as a relevant comparable in the roles that Duchene and Pageau have been playing in. Literally polar opposite assignments.

Its likely if Dzingel is retained and Duchene moved he will play with Tierney. Who wont create as much offense no. However if you are insinuating all of Dzingels offensive success is from Duchene I am not sure how closely you have been watching.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Still feel like he's expendable (when comparing with Stone and Duchene). It'd almost be a slap in the face if the other 2 left but we signed Dzingel, like "hey our two best players are gone but we got Zinger signed so it's all good!"
As a last place team non of them are expendable. They need more good players not less. Specifically on d but losing any of the three creates a big hole.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Pageau has been playing a shutdown role with Smith and Pjaarvi with no pp time. Not sure how you can use him as a relevant comparable in the roles that Duchene and Pageau have been playing in. Literally polar opposite assignments.

Its likely if Dzingel is retained and Duchene moved he will play with Tierney. Who wont create as much offense no. However if you are insinuating all of Dzingels offensive success is from Duchene I am not sure how closely you have been watching.
Just a question without insinuation
Thanks for your answer

devbouz12

Eugene's dad
Jan 15, 2012
As a last place team non of them are expendable. They need more good players not less. Specifically on d but losing any of the three creates a big hole.
I totally agree. However, I'm gonna have a hard time accepting it as a consolation prize.

ottawah

Jan 7, 2011
Just noting, Dzingel is currently 13th in goals and 18th in points for left wingers. Effectively his production is a mid 1st liner. Even summing the totals for the last 3 years he is still in the top 31.

1st line production like this does not grow on trees. Left Wing is a harder position to fill in this league. suspect the ask will be in the 6M range,not sure Ottawa will do it.

Reactions: TkachukNorris79

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
He's easily the most difficult player to project future performance. I could totally see him continuing to flourish as a scoring winger and just as easily see him crash and burn and turn into a turnip again.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Why is Ryan Dzingel shooting the puck more this season? He is projected for 190 shots on goal this year versus 136 and 123 in his previous two seasons. Surprisingly, his shooting percentage is LESS than previous years.

Is it sustainable? What in his game has he changed to start shooting more?

Reactions: OgieO

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Dzingle and Ceci for Boqvist
Dzingle being from Chicago sub

Is it realistic?

Cloud

Feb 22, 2016
Yukon
Why is Ryan Dzingel shooting the puck more this season? He is projected for 190 shots on goal this year versus 136 and 123 in his previous two seasons. Surprisingly, his shooting percentage is LESS than previous years.

Confidence?...

I thought a few years back if his head ever caught up to his hands he'd be deadly. It appears that that has been the case the past couple of seasons...he just keeps getting better. Maturity and confidence most likely as he always seemed to have the skill.

RaMai

Mar 6, 2011
Canada
Confidence?...

I thought a few years back if his head ever caught up to his hands he'd be deadly. It appears that that has been the case the past couple of seasons...he just keeps getting better. Maturity and confidence most likely as he always seemed to have the skill.

And he matured a bit, this year he seems so calm when he gets his chances. Yes, confidence and experience.

R2010

May 23, 2011
lol speak for yourself. I do that 10 times over.

Meh. Bouchard Yes. Dobson Yes. Boqvist I'm not sold on yet so I might prefer the alternative assets we could get. He won best D-man at U18 but he was brutal every game I watched. He got points but he was causing scoring chances against as often as for. Either way - I haven't seen much of him in London though have heard good things.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

He's getting an extra min and a half of icetime compared to last year, the team is playing a more uptempo game, he's playing consistently with Duchene instead of a mix of Brassard and Duchene.

The other big difference is that his shot attempts are getting through to the net; his individual shot attempts per 60 isn't that much higher this year, but the shots aren't getting blocked as often.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
He's getting an extra min and a half of icetime compared to last year, the team is playing a more uptempo game, he's playing consistently with Duchene instead of a mix of Brassard and Duchene.

The other big difference is that his shot attempts are getting through to the net; his individual shot attempts per 60 isn't that much higher this year, but the shots aren't getting blocked as often.

His shots are not getting blocked because he is holding the puck longer looking for either a play or for a shooting lane. He continues to gain confidence imo which allows him to hold the puck longer

Reactions: thinkwild

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
His shots are not getting blocked because he is holding the puck longer looking for either a play or for a shooting lane. He continues to gain confidence imo which allows him to hold the puck longer

Perhaps, though a lot of the time holding onto the puck results in defenders getting into lanes. More confidence is definitely part of it, but I think it's more complicated than just that; better linemates finding him more often, him and his linemates learning to use his speed to break down coverage, him getting better and finding the seams in coverage ect.

Reactions: thinkwild

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Meh. Bouchard Yes. Dobson Yes. Boqvist I'm not sold on yet so I might prefer the alternative assets we could get. He won best D-man at U18 but he was brutal every game I watched. He got points but he was causing scoring chances against as often as for. Either way - I haven't seen much of him in London though have heard good things.
lol, sorry but this would be batshit crazy to turn that down in Ottawa's shoes.

we have been discussing Dzingel pretty heavily on our Hawks board, and think a trade between the two teams would work and make some sense.

BUT....Boqvist would not be on the table for that offer, especially Dzingel with no contract in place.

something that might make sense if the offers coming in for Dzingel are just a 2nd rounder and decent prospect, Hawks should offer Forsling, Sikura and Fortin for Dzingel, or some combo with Perlini as well.. 3 young players to jump in right now to add bodies to this team..I think it would be a good offer as Sikura hasn't even sniffed his potential yet.

Dzingel being a Chicago boy, would look good on the Toews- Kane line...lets get it done!!

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
lol, sorry but this would be bat**** crazy to turn that down in Ottawa's shoes.

we have been discussing Dzingel pretty heavily on our Hawks board, and think a trade between the two teams would work and make some sense.

BUT....Boqvist would not be on the table for that offer, especially Dzingel with no contract in place.

something that might make sense if the offers coming in for Dzingel are just a 2nd rounder and decent prospect, Hawks should offer Forsling, Sikura and Fortin for Dzingel, or some combo with Perlini as well.. 3 young players to jump in right now to add bodies to this team..I think it would be a good offer as Sikura hasn't even sniffed his potential yet.

Dzingel being a Chicago boy, would look good on the Toews- Kane line...lets get it done!!

I'd take Boqvist and run from Ottawa's perspective, obviously it's not happening. I'd be targeting Jokiharju if we could arrange an extended Dzingel. I'm guessing Chicago would balk at that though...

Reactions: AmericanDream

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I'd take Boqvist and run from Ottawa's perspective, obviously it's not happening. I'd be targeting Jokiharju if we could arrange an extended Dzingel. I'm guessing Chicago would balk at that though...
yeah, with the way our defense is I don't see us trading any of the "core four" young dmen (Boqvist, Mitchell, Beaudin, Joker) away for a forward and especially someone like Dzingel who I really like but could be a 2nd line/3rd line guy after he gets PAID (we see it time and time again)!!! Dzingel would look good in a Hawks jersey, he did play in the summer camp with many Hawks players and other Chicago players, but I think it would be a mixture of some of the names I said/pick as our offer.

I really am pulling for you guys, I think you have a lot of young talent over there and watching these guys walk away or get dealt just sucks- we went through it too watching Old Man Dollar Bill Wirtz chase off Roenick, Belfour, Suter, Chelios, Amonte, etc...

Logan Brown, Colin White, Batherson, Wolanin, Lajoie, Norris, Balcers, Tkachuk, Chabot, etc etc is a nice building block, but dammit you need to get some serious shit back in return for Stone and Duchene - major level shit there...Dzingel is just unfortunately in the wrong year for Ottawa with such a loaded group of players available.

would you guys really turn down:

Dylan Sikura
Gus Forsling
Brendan Perlini

for Dzingel???

all 3 can be players at the NHL level, especially Sikura who has the highest potential of them all.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Everyone is assuming that Dzingle missed practice cuz of his incident yesterday correct? Probably nothing to see?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad