Player Discussion Ryan Dzingel

Status
Not open for further replies.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Oh yay that's cool and in the small chance that the 1st rounder even comes close to the player that Dzingel is in 5 years, are we gonna trade that asset too for a future because we can't afford $5M player?

The viscous cycle continues.

Well, that's pretty much it.

We only have a finite amount of resources we can use to keep players, so we have to cycle guys out for assets significantly more than an average team.

Dzingel at 5M on a cap team is probably okay, even if he's not gonna go a 30 goal player every season. Dzingel at 5M on Ottawa could compromise our ability to lock down Tkachuk's, Chabot, and whoever else breaks out to long term cost controlled deals after their ELCs expire.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Dzingel at 5M , the way the NHL is going, would be a steal, whether we like it or not. Well worth it and looks to be a top 6 forward that I still think is improving. I don't think he has reached his peak yet. As he was late getting to the NHL, I think he will continue that slower development.

And he is a good guy

Reactions: Smeddy

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Well, that's pretty much it.

We only have a finite amount of resources we can use to keep players, so we have to cycle guys out for assets significantly more than an average team.

Dzingel at 5M on a cap team is probably okay, even if he's not gonna go a 30 goal player every season. Dzingel at 5M on Ottawa could compromise our ability to lock down Tkachuk's, Chabot, and whoever else breaks out to long term cost controlled deals after their ELCs expire.

Agree. This is how I feel about it too. We simply can't afford to keep Duchene, Stone and Dzingel, and expect to be able to afford the likes of Chabot, Tkachuk and other rookie breakouts in a few years. Stone obviously takes priority because he's the heart and future captain. Duchene is also a priority because he's a center, and top line centers are much harder to find.

Unless Dzingel agrees to a 2-3 year deal, I doubt we'll keep him. He might be very valuable at the TDL. He'e very good, fast and has a very low cap hit.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Agree. This is how I feel about it too. We simply can't afford to keep Duchene, Stone and Dzingel, and expect to be able to afford the likes of Chabot, Tkachuk and other rookie breakouts in a few years. Stone obviously takes priority because he's the heart and future captain. Duchene is also a priority because he's a center, and top line centers are much harder to find.

Unless Dzingel agrees to a 2-3 year deal, I doubt we'll keep him. He might be very valuable at the TDL. He'e very good, fast and has a very low cap hit.

No chance we offer, or he accepts, a 3million dollar deal. A history of 20 goals gets you more than that to start.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
No chance we offer, or he accepts, a 3million dollar deal. A history of 20 goals gets you more than that to start.

I was talking about the length of the contract.... So like a 2-3 year $5M deal or something. But I doubt he wants that either.

Reactions: Ice-Tray

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I was talking about the length of the contract.... So like a 2-3 year $5M deal or something. But I doubt he wants that either.

My bad, sorry! That looks like at the very least a solid start. If we can do 5 I’m not sure we also have to do a long term deal.

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
We can't just let go of players we groomed and developed into a top line players aka Hoffman and now Dzingle

These type of players are not grown on trees, they bring speed, offense and scoring. Dzingle should be signed, if not we better get a top2 young Dman for him.

Reactions: Smeddy

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Would you do?:

EDM: Dzingel, Wideman
OTT: Jesse Puljujarvi

Depends what kind of return Dzingel can fetch at the deadline, assuming we aren't going to pay him. It's not ideal though, and this is from someone who hasn't completely given up on Pulju yet.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
I think the Sens priority should be to sign him. A late first round pick has very little chance of scoring 20-30 goals/year over the next 5 years.

If he refuses to sign than they will have to get what ever they can ... but I don’t think his trade value offers our rebuild any accelerated growth.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
He just keeps getting better.

Which defies all logic.

It's like... he's going to be 27 years old before the season is over. 99% of players don't keep improving at this age, but he's just been consistently better from year to year.

Frigging kudos to him. I was all but certain he'd top out as a 3rd line guy, but he's found a way to get better at an age where almost all other players have already plateaued in their development.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
I think the Sens priority should be to sign him. A late first round pick has very little chance of scoring 20-30 goals/year over the next 5 years.

If he refuses to sign than they will have to get what ever they can ... but I don’t think his trade value offers our rebuild any accelerated growth.

He looked to me prior to this year as a complimentary player. Now it looks like he can produce playing with anyone, if you know what I mean. A great sign.

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
By the time we are ready to compete he’ll be 30+. If we are blowing things up I’d trade him as well, hopefully for a decent return.

Reactions: JungleBeat

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Which defies all logic.

It's like... he's going to be 27 years old before the season is over. 99% of players don't keep improving at this age, but he's just been consistently better from year to year.

Frigging kudos to him. I was all but certain he'd top out as a 3rd line guy, but he's found a way to get better at an age where almost all other players have already plateaued in their development.

I think it has alot to do with the college route, he has likely always been on a longer development curve. But he sure has a nice set of hands on him and he can fly, a true new age player. He appears to be developing more hockey sense too, he is playing a more patient game when he has the puck. Which is also why he continues to improve, as the game shifts to speed and skill its right up his ally for his skill set. He is only 26 i really want them to re-sign him, he will be a good player for another 5 years atleast.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Is he going to get as many goals when Pageau (1-3:4 in 13 games) instead of Duchene feeds him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad