Player Discussion Ryan Donato

Status
Not open for further replies.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Ya, you're right, but a late second or third doesn't do much for me. For the right team, Foligno could be a big help in the playoffs when the whistles get put away. He can stand up to some of the toughest players, and still play a good shift out there. I think GM's of a playoff team will value what he brings.

Donato is the guy I want to see go.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Yeah, but just a year or so ago it was Lodnia, Sokolov, and Shaw we were excited about. I basically agree with the idea of getting more picks, but the sort of picks we want are the high ones that will get us a potentially elite player. We have plenty of middle six players, though less now after Fenton's disastrous tenure.

don't know what any of this has to do with Foligno, just old man muttering here.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Yeah, but just a year or so ago it was Lodnia, Sokolov, and Shaw we were excited about. I basically agree with the idea of getting more picks, but the sort of picks we want are the high ones that will get us a potentially elite player. We have plenty of middle six players, though less now after Fenton's disastrous tenure.

don't know what any of this has to do with Foligno, just old man muttering here.
We have to be realistic about what players are actually going to return in a trade. Zucker and Brodin aren't going to return top 10 picks, Foligno's not going to return a top-30 pick. And eventually some of these guys are going to have to be traded.

I guess I just object to the idea that players have to "prove themselves" before they're worth holding onto and that, once they have "proven themselves," they should only ever be traded for overpayment.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Foligno has turned himself into a very good 4th liner, but he's still just a 4th liner. Overpaid at that. If you can get a 2nd for him right now, you should make that trade. Otherwise I would hold onto him until teams try to bulk up at the deadline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad