Player Discussion Ryan Donato

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017
I was wondering this and maybe someone here can answer for me. Does Donato get a Ring if Boston wins the Cup?

Isn't there a rule that you have to play x amount of games to get a Ring?

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
I was wondering this and maybe someone here can answer for me. Does Donato get a Ring if Boston wins the Cup?

Isn't there a rule that you have to play x amount of games to get a Ring?
41 games played during the season, or 1 game during the finals is the rule for your name to be put on the cup.

As far as rings go? The winning team can give a ring to whoever they want.

Reactions: DemidovSaveUs

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017
So he didn't necesarilly need to play in the Finals to get a Ring?

I just checked and he played looks like 34 games for the Bruins this season.

Tough break..

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
So he didn't necesarilly need to play in the Finals to get a Ring?

I just checked and he played looks like 34 games for the Bruins this season.

Tough break..
I would not be surprised to see him get a ring if Boston wins. Rings are very different than getting your name on the cup. The broadcasting team get usually get rings.

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017
Imagine you grow up rooting for your hometown team, you play for them out of the gates, then get traded halfway through season and then they win it all.

That is going to hurt a little bit.

NHLPodium

Dec 5, 2012
Rings are very different than getting your name on the cup. The broadcasting team get usually get rings.

Fun fact: Every full time employee of the org. gets a ring. So that means that if Boston were to win, even their fan store manager gets one.

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017
Assuming he never wins the Cup for the rest of his career, that would be a weird status.

He has a Ring but not his name on the Cup? Would you consider yourself a Cup champion? Would you as a player touch the Cup? Would the record books look at you as a Cup champion??

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017
Surely he played some role in getting them the Cup (again, IF they win it all). Weird position for him to be in since his name will not be engraved on Cup.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Does anyone worry he's going to regress like hell next year? He was pretty good, but that's what happens (see el Nino) when you get traded to a new team.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
Does anyone worry he's going to regress like hell next year? He was pretty good, but that's what happens (see el Nino) when you get traded to a new team.
I can see him starting slow. I think he has enough skill to put up 50 points, but he also needs to play with the right guys and be on the PP.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
I don't think he'll sustain a 60 point pace over a full season, but around 50 seems reasonable depending on his usage. The frustrating thing with him is likely to be how he does when he inevitably goes cold, because his play away from the puck hasn't been a strong point.

Reactions: thestonedkoala

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

Sort of, but not really.

I mean, if he plays a full season and puts up 40-50 points, is that really a "regression" even though he paced 60 in his limited time here last year? I don't quite think so.

Am I worried about him dropping down to a 20 point player? No, not really.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
I mean, if he plays a full season and puts up 40-50 points, is that really a "regression" even though he paced 60 in his limited time here last year? I don't quite think so.

Am I worried about him dropping down to a 20 point player? No, not really.

I'd say putting up 40 points is a bit of a regression. I don't think he'll be a 20 point player, but is he worth a top 6 spot if he can't score more than 15 goals or more than 30 points? I feel like 15/20-25/40 point player isn't really worth a top 6 slot, especially if his play away from the puck isn't that great. I'd expect more than 15 goals from a top 6 winger.

P10p

May 15, 2012
If he puts up 15 goals it will be an improvement on what coyle was doing for us, not saying much but it's something.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
If he puts up 15 goals it will be an improvement on what coyle was doing for us, not saying much but it's something.
Coyle's a very well rounded player that brings a hell of a lot even when he's not scoring. In the long run Donato needs to outscore him for that trade to pay off.

P10p

May 15, 2012
Coyle's a very well rounded player that brings a hell of a lot even when he's not scoring. In the long run Donato needs to outscore him for that trade to pay off.

If that's your opinion I respect it, its definitely not mine though. Dont let his play with Boston skew what he was here. He was largely an invisible player for us imo. A ghost on the ice with minnesota.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
If that's your opinion I respect it, its definitely not mine though. Dont let his play with Boston skew what he was here. He was largely an invisible player for us imo. A ghost on the ice with minnesota.
Coyle's the same player in Boston that he was here, he's just slotted lower with a better supporting cast and it's paying off.

P10p

May 15, 2012
Coyle's the same player in Boston that he was here, he's just slotted lower with a better supporting cast and it's paying off.

Again, that's opinion. What I see in Boston is a reenergized Coyle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->