Former Bruins Ryan Donato - II

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Laukomotive

Nov 26, 2017
I remember when Ryan Spooner produced at a 1.3 PPG pace his first 10 games in NY last season, and finished 16P/20GP (0.80 PPG). Then he came back to Earth and look where he is now. This is a common occurrence. Players ride a high of playing for a new team and produce quickly out of the gate. Is Ryan Donato really going to produce at a 1.5 PPG pace for the Wild? Lol..... He's a good prospect with a lot of upside. Can we not lose our minds that he's putting up points?

An even better example is Malcom Subban hot start with Vegas last season. People were freaking out.

For some reason no one even mentions he exists this season.

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
Another assist so far tonight, he made a pretty heady move along the boards to protect the puck. He is looking pretty good.
I don't think anyone has denied he's good. On this team, should he play over Marchand? Hell no. DeBrusk? Not lately, no. Because his ceiling is potentially higher, he had more value. He would have been a miserable prick stuck down in Providence. It's best for his development to be where he is. Don't lament what We lost, look forward to the possibility of him.coming home a complete player someday.Right now, he's not what this team needs. but he was valuable enough to get one of those pieces.

The Hockey Tonk Man

May 3, 2007
Toronto
You know you can still like a player after he moves on from Boston right?
I hope the best for Donato. He's got tools, if he can put it all together watch out.

It's like everyone who hates Joe Thornton for some reason? Dude didn't ask for a trade, did his job, gets traded and peeps hate on him.

Dougie we can hate on...but thats another story ;)

RiverbottomChuck

Jul 20, 2018
Washington DC
I don't think anyone has denied he's good. On this team, should he play over Marchand? Hell no. DeBrusk? Not lately, no. Because his ceiling is potentially higher, he had more value. He would have been a miserable prick stuck down in Providence. It's best for his development to be where he is. Don't lament what We lost, look forward to the possibility of him.coming home a complete player someday.Right now, he's not what this team needs. but he was valuable enough to get one of those pieces.
I'm totally for the trade and greatly prefer what Coyle can bring to the team I was just watching the game and thought he looked good, I was impressed. He looked a lot more driven.

Reactions: Langlois

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
I'm totally for the trade and greatly prefer what Coyle can bring to the team I was just watching the game and thought he looked good, I was impressed. He looked a lot more driven.
Maybe it was the kick in the ass he needed..Sometimes going where 'everybody DOESN'T know your name' is the best thing for some people.

Reactions: RiverbottomChuck

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
It's like everyone who hates Joe Thornton for some reason? Dude didn't ask for a trade, did his job, gets traded and peeps hate on him.

When the guy left he trashed talked the Bruins for years afterwards. That's why people hate on him......that and that stupid beard.

Max Domi had a falling out with the Coyotes , listen how he talks about the Coyotes organization. It's not like it would be hard to trash that organization and yet Max has enough class to take the high road and be grateful for the opportunity he's been given in Montreal. A perfect example of how a pro carries himself.

Reactions: Fenian24

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Did folks forget Spooner last year in NY?

How'd that turn out...odds are it's dead cat bounce
Yup because he has the same fan base. Both are whiny, entitled "skilled" players. Bruins are a better team with Coyle today and next year.

Maybe Donato gets it together and has a good career, I wouldn't bet on it

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Yup because he has the same fan base. Both are whiny, entitled "skilled" players. Bruins are a better team with Coyle today and next year.

Maybe Donato gets it together and has a good career, I wouldn't bet on it

Coyle is 6-3 225 lbs and plays like a puss, how is he your type of player? Three career fights and won one of them.

Last edited:
Reactions: finchster

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
He will likely score 30 next year and Coyle will leave something to be desired as he always has. Hope I’m dead wrong.

you maybe right but come playoff time you will be likely wrong

you saw what a team like Tampa did to him

it was like he was skating in quicksand

He was covered/backchecked in a blink of an eye

I do wish the best for him ...but at the end of the day, it wasn't about lack of belief etc. He had things to work on , to "fit" into the Bruins system

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Coyle is 6-3 225 lbs and plays like a puss, how is he your type of player?

He will change in a Bruins environment

He is not a leader type personality.... but once he sees how some of the guys here (like the 4th line) plays. I bet Coyle will turn up the dial in the physicality department

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
He will change in a Bruins environment

He is not a leader type personality.... but once he sees how some of the guys here (like the 4th line) plays. I bet Coyle will turn up the dial in the physicality department

Hope so, but more importantly hopefully he can lead a tough 3rd line to play against and one that outscores other third lines

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
Coyle is 6-3 225 lbs and plays like a puss, how is he your type of player? Three career fights and won one of them.
One thing I know for sure is Coyle won’t spend neat as much time trying to get up off the ice as Donato did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad