Former Bruins Ryan Donato - II

Status
Not open for further replies.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Plays center on the third line with Heinen and Teddy’s kid.
oh good lord, I was thinking there was another Karlsson in the B`s system who is impressing wherever he`s playing:laugh:

Could shift Schenn to the wing though where, if not mistaken, he has played before

Clearly another coffee is required here

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
oh good lord, I was thinking there was another Karlsson in the B`s system who is impressing wherever he`s playing:laugh:

Could shift Schenn to the wing though where, if not mistaken, he has played before

Clearly another coffee is required here
Easy to do. Most here call him JFK for short.

Agree, Schenn could fill that 2RW, but I’m just concerned with giving up any of our skilled young forwards. Especially now that they are showing that skill.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Easy to do. Most here call him JFK for short.

Agree, Schenn could fill that 2RW, but I’m just concerned with giving up any of our skilled young forwards. Especially now that they are showing that skill.

the College line playing well for sure, can`t recall the last time I`ve not been lazy and actually typed out JFK`s name:laugh:

I think the B`s have the pieces to make that deal with the Blues, the question (s) will be, not how much the Blues want in return but what positions are they looking to fill and with what player. It`s a toughie, Schenn is a real nice player, checks all the boxes of what I think the B`s need, like to see it happen. I`m far more excited with Schenn than any deal involving a Simmonds/Carter

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I still think he has potential to be a good player, but I don't understand why he didn't stay in Providence for a few weeks after his send down to really work on his complete game. I look at the way the team is handling Senyshyn and question why Donato doesn't get the same program because as of right now he is a one trick pony.

Daddy has a friend in the Bruins front office, that's why. And when you think about it this is shortchanging Ryan's development, not helping it.

Tampbear

Apr 10, 2015
Tampa
Daddy has a friend in the Bruins front office, that's why. And when you think about it this is shortchanging Ryan's development, not helping it.
He's also the best goal scorer in the system, something Boston desperately needs. Even in Providence he's been very productive. I don't think it has to do with the name as much as people think. He definitely needs to get better but he is producing better than any of the other kids that came up did. I do think there is space for another kid as well such as Cehlarik, Fitz, or Frederick. I don't think Seny is quite ready, but is progressing well.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
He's been having more good games than bad for the past month. I don't normally believe that a playoff contending NHL team is the right place to develop a prospect, but it is what it is and I've been pleased with Donato's continued progression.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
He's been having more good games than bad for the past month. I don't normally believe that a playoff contending NHL team is the right place to develop a prospect, but it is what it is and I've been pleased with Donato's continued progression.

On deeper teams he is in the AHL. He is the best of the lesser options. Less to do about his dad.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
his compete level is better since the callup, and he's shooting the puck much more.
before the demotion it was basically 1 shot a game. after he came back it is about 3.

Reactions: Pia8988

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
Donato rips a shot from outside the dot and it’s a snipe

Washington scores a similar goal and Halak sucks

False Start

May 8, 2018
Donato rips a shot from outside the dot and it’s a snipe

Washington scores a similar goal and Halak sucks

Surely you're not comparing the Backstrom goal to Donato's.

One was a prime high percentage scoring chance, the other one wasn't.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
He’s been playing much better as of late.

If anything, being Teddy’s kid only makes things worse for him.

He keeps playing the way he has been, he’ll keep earning his spot in the line up

Reactions: Over the volcano

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Too bad that on any given backcheck I find him trailing by 30-40 feet behind Heinen, JFK or even when he was with Acciari or Backes.

Yeah for harvard it seemed like he was a one man show on the forecheck and was Marchand like down low. In Nhl he is rarely F1 and seems to hope the other guys will do the work to get him the puck. He is improving and I think is up for good now, just a thing to improve on.

elMatador

Feb 20, 2008
Yeah for harvard it seemed like he was a one man show on the forecheck and was Marchand like down low. In Nhl he is rarely F1 and seems to hope the other guys will do the work to get him the puck. He is improving and I think is up for good now, just a thing to improve on.

I noticed yesterday that at least 3 times when kid line went on back check he went straight to the bench. Hard to tell if he was told to do so by Cassidy or just bailed out on his line.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
It wasn’t, shot under Millers stick
Hit the heel and slightly changed the follow up, made it difficult for any goalie to track it

Donato went a game without using the wrap around. Feeling more and more like he is Vatrano, rather see Cehlarik or Senyshyn before we make trades.

Last edited:

elMatador

Feb 20, 2008
A tough night for Teddy. He got stonewalled, boarded, robbed on the breakaway, ragdolled. I think his compete level is better than at the beginning of the season. The real weakness is his strength. The whole kid line has no real jam not only him. Looks like he will snipe it when open and uncontested for the time being. I don't think he will have that kind of luxury very often in the playoffs.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
A tough night for Teddy. He got stonewalled, boarded, robbed on the breakaway, ragdolled. I think his compete level is better than at the beginning of the season. The real weakness is his strength. The whole kid line has no real jam not only him. Looks like he will snipe it when open and uncontested for the time being. I don't think he will have that kind of luxury very often in the playoffs.
Solid analysis. For the time being I'm hoping the kid line stays intact simply because there is really nobody better at the moment, and maybe they can grow their games while gaining chemistry. But, yeah, the playoffs terrify me as they relate to the kid line. Donato is trying very hard relative to earlier in the season, and I love that about him. Problem is he is so freaking weak. You have to be able to exploit matchups and score with the third line some come playoff time. Cannot do that if your third line is getting pushed around.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine

Strength and also reaching for the puck instead of skating to it is something that drives me up the wall with him. It leaves Donato, who doesn't have a lot of strength to begin with, little leverage to work with when the puck is contested. The kid is giving maximum effort out there and isn't afraid to take a hit, so kudos to him. I think the hits to the mouth, getting dental work, and getting banged up have helped give him some confidence that he can stick his nose in the dirty areas and live to tell the tale. I like his hands, compete level, and offensive IQ since his callup. He still needs to work on his strength and skating, as his first step and acceleration are a tad too slow.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
PUGMSfZ.jpg

Reactions: BMC

BigBear83

Jan 29, 2013
Haverhill, NH
I keep reading butchy saying "put in his time," and keep wondering if hes talking about donato.. i go back and forth on him.. right now, there seems to be too much pressure on him and he seems to want to shoot it as soon as the puck gets on his stick.. overall i actually really like that line and sure they get pushed around but ive actually been pleasantly surprised at the amount of o-zone time they are able to get.. really fun line to root for

Reactions: Clint Eastwood
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->