Ryan Callahan

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
Anyone think we could get him from NYR?

I know he would need to be re-signed, but there's a 1st line C and he's being shopped according to TSN. Get him and moulson? recipe for success?

No to both. We need top 3 talent. They are good top 6 players but not guys that make us tremendously better.

Predsrule

Nov 18, 2008
Both are 2nd line players and no hgr upgrade over what we have. Vanek now if be all over as a ufa

Mass

Feb 18, 2013
Baltimore, MD
He's barely an upgrade over any of the other forwards, if one at all. I guess his addition would prevent a 3rd liner from playing 2nd line minutes? Not much else. He seems like the ideal "Predator" though. :help:

worstfaceoffmanever

These Snacks Are Odd
Jun 2, 2007
Fargo, ND
Anyone think we could get him from NYR?

I know he would need to be re-signed, but there's a 1st line C and he's being shopped according to TSN. Get him and moulson? recipe for success?

Callahan has not been a center at any point of his professional career and wants $6M as a 0.56 career PPG player. I'll pass. Moulson would be slightly more helpful, but, again, the price won't be right.

The players to go for are Stastny and Vanek. I'd say we only need one of those two plus a more polished Forsberg to really turn the offense around, unless we lose Legwand and lose out on Stastny, at which point we probably need to go after Roy.

thecloser

Jun 29, 2012
NASHVILLE, TN
here's the issue with preds fans, i seem to be the only one that recognizes that if we want a vanek, moulson, or any other scorer on the market we will have to pay 1-2 million more than any other team that offers other than FLA or EDM.

Really, understand, if we want to pry a moulson from LA or OTT or Vanek from NYI or MIN we're gonna have to pay ALOT. that's how it is. if you don't wanna pay market for callahan and he is better than guys we have then that's fine. just recognize it. but if you want a moulson or a vanek to play with our guys, then you have to accept the fact, we're gonna have to pay a huuuuuge amount for it. just saying.

Persona5

Apr 22, 2013
Nashville
The injuries scare me away so I say no. If it were not for that though he would fit like a glove with the Predators and would be an upgrade to oour top 6 right now.

worstfaceoffmanever

These Snacks Are Odd
Jun 2, 2007
Fargo, ND
here's the issue with preds fans, i seem to be the only one that recognizes that if we want a vanek, moulson, or any other scorer on the market we will have to pay 1-2 million more than any other team that offers other than FLA or EDM.

No, you're not. I fully expect Nashville to have to pay out the nose for a guy like Vanek or Stastny, and I would want them to pay out the nose for those guys over Callahan because they're the only players on the market who are worth the money they'll get. I would much rather pay $8.5M for Vanek or Stastny than $6M for freaking Callahan.

thecloser

Jun 29, 2012
NASHVILLE, TN
No, you're not. I fully expect Nashville to have to pay out the nose for a guy like Vanek or Stastny, and I would want them to pay out the nose for those guys over Callahan because they're the only players on the market who are worth the money they'll get. I would much rather pay $8.5M for Vanek or Stastny than $6M for freaking Callahan.

thank you.

i think vanek is outta the question, he's eiother gonna get crazy money and go to Minnesota or crazy money to stay and play with tavares. too me, that widdles it down to stastny, moulson, gaborik. 6.5-7 for moulson and 7 for stastny.

Persona5

Apr 22, 2013
Nashville
thank you.

i think vanek is outta the question, he's eiother gonna get crazy money and go to Minnesota or crazy money to stay and play with tavares. too me, that widdles it down to stastny, moulson, gaborik. 6.5-7 for moulson and 7 for stastny.

Stastny will re-sign with the Avs, Moulson will sign for more than he is worth as a free agent, Gaborik will probably end up in the KHL. Stastny is who I would love to see come to Nashville but there is no way the Avs let him walk imo. They have the cap room to sign him and O'reily with no issue. He would instantly be our number one center and has already shown chemistry with Smith. It would be a home run for us imo but it won't happen.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Horny 2.0. Should really set sights higher although I love his character and work ethic. Wouldn't be a poor addition, but it should only be a starting point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad