Confirmed with Link: Ryan Biech joins Canucks: Video Analyst / Hockey Analytics

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
So deserved, really nice guy, had an interview with him here just a month ago.
Awesome stuff from him

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
I'm waiting for someone to say that the Canucks under Benning do not care about analytics

You still haven’t explained how if they use analytics really well why benning has said analytics don’t matter when signing Myers and guds.

I believe they have a team; I also believe they ignore it most of the time.

Last edited by a moderator:

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
I'm waiting for someone to say that the Canucks under Benning do not care about analytics

Recently the Canucks under Benning have not cared about analytics and have not used them enough.

Hopefully this is a step in the right direction.

Holy crap this is going to blow @Hindustan Smyl :s head. Isnt Beach one of the evildoers who have ran an evil smear campaign against Benning that has all us gullible HFVan haters fooled in to thinking Jim isnt a hockey god! :naughty::naughty: I jest! I jest!

I do like this move by the management.

Last edited by a moderator:

DomY

Aug 11, 2008
Trying to remember if Biecher was particularly critical of the regime over the years. Remember him being pretty level-headed, plus Botch was always a big fan. Bummer that he didn't get to see another one of his proteges get elevated into the big-time.

it was mostly Burke who was overly critical of the regime. Nice of him to get a job with the Canucks. I listen to Prospects Central occasionally and often feel out of my depth with what they are analyzing. I suspect Biech will continue this focus on the prospects. The way I see it is an additional scout for the team who probably wasnt tracking things like zone entries for prospects.

Reactions: mossey3535

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Fantastic. Has been an excellent resource for getting insight into our draft prospects, as well as upcoming draft eligible guys (really like the cohort analysis stuff hes done).

Was the first guy to introduce me to the idea of drafting Pettersson high as he was posting a lot about Dahlen and just kept raving about EP.

Very knowledgable and always open to answering people's questions on twitter too.

Reactions: mossey3535

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->