#26 - St. Louis (from Carolina) - Bryce Swan

#27 - Dallas - Jonathan Bernier

#28 - Ottawa - Artem Anisimov

#29 - Detroit - Alexander Vasyunov

#30 - Minnesota (from Edmonton) - Claude Giroux

ROUND #2

#31 - St. Louis - Ben Shutron

#32 - Pittsburgh - Mike Weber

This is the first mock draft i've ever done so, if it's alittle rough that would probably be a big part, looking for critism from fans of these teams because i want to make a 1.1 with the entire 2nd round at a later date and i'd like to know what fans of these teams would think so i might be able to adjust it slightly if there's an overwhelming opinion one way or the other, thanks.

Captain Ron

Jun 9, 2003
Gardnerville, NV
Visit site
clay said:
There isn't a chance that the Leafs or the Canucks would pass up Tlusty.

Although you may be correct.....I wish people would stop saying "There isn't a chance" as though they are stating a fact instead of just speculating.

It is just like at the beginning of the season when people were saying that there wasn't a chance that Edmonton or Anaheim or Carolina or Buffalo would be in the final 4. The fact of the matter is none of us know who our team's GM is going to pick. So let's just try to keep it to....."I hope they don't do that" or " I really don't think they will pick him".

Russian_fanatic

Jan 19, 2004
Ry-Dogg said:
2006 NHL ENTRY DRAFT

ROUND #1
#1 - St. Louis - Erik Johnson

#2 - Pittsburgh - Phil Kessel

#3 - Chicago - Jordan Staal

#4 - Washington - Jonathan Toews

#5 - Boston - Nicklas Backstrom

#6 - Columbus - Peter Mueller

#7 - NY Islanders - Derek Brassard

#8 - Phoenix - James Sheppard

#9 - Minnesota - Kyle Okposo

#10 - Florida - Michael Frolik

#11 - Los Angeles - Bobby Saguinetti

#12 - Atlanta - Brian Little

#13 - Toronto - Chris Stewart

#14 - Vancouver - Cory Emmerton

#15 - Tampa Bay - Jiri Tlusty

#16 - Montreal - Ty Wishart

#17 - Colorado - Patrick Berglund

#18 - Anaheim - Codi Burki

#19 - San Jose - Michael Grabner

#20 - NY Rangers - Nigel Williams

#21 - Philadelphia - Mark Mitera

#22 - Buffalo - Carl Sneep

#23 - New Jersey - David Fischer

#24 - Calgary - Ivan Vishnevski

#25 - Washington (from Nashville) - Riku Helenius

#26 - St. Louis (from Carolina) - Bryce Swan

#27 - Dallas - Jonathan Bernier

#28 - Ottawa - Artem Anisimov

#29 - Detroit - Alexander Vasyunov

#30 - Minnesota (from Edmonton) - Claude Giroux

ROUND #2

#31 - St. Louis - Ben Shutron

#32 - Pittsburgh - Mike Weber

This is the first mock draft i've ever done so, if it's alittle rough that would probably be a big part, looking for critism from fans of these teams because i want to make a 1.1 with the entire 2nd round at a later date and i'd like to know what fans of these teams would think so i might be able to adjust it slightly if there's an overwhelming opinion one way or the other, thanks.

You really think the Nucks will take Emmerton before Tlusty dont you?

Tilley_

Aug 3, 2005
I am curious to know why you think Calgary would go after a European offensive defenseman. Particularly one known for his terrible defensive play. Even with the issues with depth of the Flames defensive prospects I doubt that would be his selection. Sutter will likely be selecting a North American regardless of position.

Default101

i'm giong by team needs and no i don't think Emmerton is better than Tlusty is, i'm not actually that much of a fan of his, but from what i can see Vancouver needs some scoring to come up quickly rather than later, and i think Emmerton is a boom or bust in which he could wind up ready to produce almost right away or could turn out as a player that winds up rarely ever playing in the NHL, it looks like Vancouver will need some scoring and soon, and i was thinking that they'd take that chance on Emmerton.

Default101

Tilley_ said:
I am curious to know why you think Calgary would go after a European offensive defenseman. Particularly one known for his terrible defensive play. Even with the issues with depth of the Flames defensive prospects I doubt that would be his selection. Sutter will likely be selecting a North American regardless of position.
because Calgary really needs offense from the blueline in the future, beyond Phaneuf there's not much and with big guys like Pelech, Phaneuf, Baldwin, Robyn Regehr looking like they're going to be taking up Calgary's blueline in a few years, i think Ivan Vishnevski at #24 would be a great pick for them you could pair him with someone like Pelech who's more responsible defensively.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Spongebob said:
Although you may be correct.....I wish people would stop saying "There isn't a chance" as though they are stating a fact instead of just speculating.

Agreed.

But there isn't a chance that'll stop someone else from saying it anyway. ;)

Jovofan

Apr 26, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Ry-Dogg said:
i'm giong by team needs and no i don't think Emmerton is better than Tlusty is, i'm not actually that much of a fan of his, but from what i can see Vancouver needs some scoring to come up quickly rather than later, and i think Emmerton is a boom or bust in which he could wind up ready to produce almost right away or could turn out as a player that winds up rarely ever playing in the NHL, it looks like Vancouver will need some scoring and soon, and i was thinking that they'd take that chance on Emmerton.
Vancouver rarely takes chances on draft day, at least not in the first round and especially not when they're picking that high. Knowing Nonis, I would assume that he would stick to a safe pick that has a high potential of panning out even if that means passing over a guy with potentially more upside. Tlusty has enough offence in him to still be a better pick than Emmerton and less of a bust factor surrounding him.

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
Ry-Dogg said:
because Calgary really needs offense from the blueline in the future, beyond Phaneuf there's not much and with big guys like Pelech, Phaneuf, Baldwin, Robyn Regehr looking like they're going to be taking up Calgary's blueline in a few years, i think Ivan Vishnevski at #24 would be a great pick for them you could pair him with someone like Pelech who's more responsible defensively.

Despite his average offensive season, the Flames still have Leopold. Between him and Phaneuf the Flames are set for years when it comes to offensive rearguards.

I think the Flames will go for an offensive centerman.

Default101

mazmin said:
Despite his average offensive season, the Flames still have Leopold. Between him and Phaneuf the Flames are set for years when it comes to offensive rearguards.

I think the Flames will go for an offensive centerman.
true, but thats 2 guys, Phaneuf gets alot of his points on the powerplay because he's a big physical d-man 5 on 5, thats his main focus, it's clear he's got offensive abilities, but they aren't his upside, it's his size. Leopold could easily be lost to free agency and then after that they're very short on offensive skill from the blue line, with a late 1st in a weaker draft it would seem to make sence, they could get a much more solid centerman late in the 1st in next year's draft.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad