RW Yegor Serdyuk - Dynamo St.Petersburg, VHL (2019, 165th, PHI released)

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I've got two questions for those who have seen a fair bit of him:

1 - It seems like he's a natural finisher, how is the rest of his game?
2 - Misha Abramov or Serdyuk? I have Abramov ahead from my limited viewings, positional value plus there seems to be a bit more of a diverse tool-kit with Abramov.

jvr32

Oct 24, 2016
I've got two questions for those who have seen a fair bit of him:

1 - It seems like he's a natural finisher, how is the rest of his game?
2 - Misha Abramov or Serdyuk? I have Abramov ahead from my limited viewings, positional value plus there seems to be a bit more of a diverse tool-kit with Abramov.
Serdyuk is a very vanilla player. Solid all around. Good hands, good passing, and he can play a skill game with more skilled players in the same line. However he was quite invisible at the WJAC for Russia when he was playing down the lineup so there's some questions of his consistency. He's too skilled to get passed too far in the draft though.

I see maybe a higher upside with Abramov. He's got better playmaking abilities (and that's what he's showing in the video above) and very nice hands, I think better hockey IQ than Serdyuk has. He has a really good sense of how to make plays happen, he has lots of secondary assists but in this case it's a proof of his good playmaking ability, and it's not just coincidence or luck. He can also create space and separation for himself in the OZ with his good skating and stickhandling which should bode well for moving up levels from junior hockey. Nice wrist shot too he has which he had started to use more later in the regular season as he seemed to be threatened by not hitting double digits in goals. The downside with Abramov to me is his slight lack of competitiveness and board battles, when opponents close down on him and play physical he seems to get pushed around a little too easily at least in my viewings. I haven't seen him drive the net as much as I'd want from a forward either.

TopC0rner

Feb 21, 2018
Skilled forward which will leave you frustrated because he should absolutely put up more points than he does.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
When our board did their top 25 prospect rankings this Jan, we didn't include goalies....and Serdyuk still was not in the top 25. And 4 other prospects had more votes for that 25th spot. So he "might" have been the 30 ranked skater in our system.

Wish him well, but he had no future with the Flyers.

Reactions: Rebels57

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I liked Serdyuk in his draft year. Thought he was a really good pick for Philly in the 6th round. Haven't kept up with him since.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad