RW Vitaly Kravtsov - Traktor Chelyabinsk, KHL (2018, 9th, NYR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
I have a feeling the Rangers are going to pick him 9th. They never shy away from Russians. When Kuznetsov was selected in 2010, McKenzie mentioned that they were very interested in him at 10th overall. Buchnevich, Cherapanov, Shestyorkin, Grachev, Anisimov.. bit of a history there. Seems like a fit to me.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Just noticed today, Kravtsov isn't in the first round in the ISS ranking :laugh: Although I wouldn't pick him in the top 10 and I generally feel he is being overrated at this point for basically producing on PP in PO but come on now..

LetsGoFlyers12

Jan 19, 2017
Really like what I've seen of him, but honestly it isn't as much as I would like. From someone who watches him consistently, what would be the biggest thing(s) holding him back from being a top-6 forward in the NHL?

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
I have a feeling the Rangers are going to pick him 9th. They never shy away from Russians. When Kuznetsov was selected in 2010, McKenzie mentioned that they were very interested in him at 10th overall. Buchnevich, Cherapanov, Shestyorkin, Grachev, Anisimov.. bit of a history there. Seems like a fit to me.

ouch, McIlrath

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
How does he compare to recent first rounder Denis guryanov?

Totally different players: Guryanov was all about the skating and natural athleticism (ok, had also a good shot), Kravtsov is not that athletic (at least yet) and isn't that explosive, but is noticeably more skilled and hands are definitely much much softer, as Guryanov's hands are definitely his weakness. Won't compare the hockey sense, as it is pretty hard to evaluate it at the draft age.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
does kravtsov have a shot at being a better player than svechnikov? if i were the wild gm i'd roll the dice if he drops to #24 and thank my lucky stars!

embiid21

Jun 13, 2018
For the people who don't understand why award rookie of the year take Kravtsov.
You can translate to english and you will see:
1) Only for Russian <26
2) Award established by the company "Centrosport" not by KHL
Yes it's absurd, even if Tolvanen played like Gretzky he can't win because of the rule. And most people in Russian can't take it, like wtf Tolvanen won almost all 'rookie of the month award'
PS: i'm not russian, right now internation student in Moscow;
Лучший новичок сезона (хоккейный приз) — Википедия

Kuz

May 11, 2015
Really like him and would love him on the Caps. Caps need some high potential forwards to step up when Oshie and Ovechkin get older. Will be interesting to see if Caps have some high picks after they have traded Grubauer.

Sputniker

Jan 5, 2016
For the people who don't understand why award rookie of the year take Kravtsov.
You can translate to english and you will see:
1) Only for Russian <26
2) Award established by the company "Centrosport" not by KHL
Yes it's absurd, even if Tolvanen played like Gretzky he can't win because of the rule. And most people in Russian can't take it, like wtf Tolvanen won almost all 'rookie of the month award'
PS: i'm not russian, right now internation student in Moscow;
Лучший новичок сезона (хоккейный приз) — Википедия

This was later debunked. The rule does not apply anymore. Here's an article (Iltalehti, in Finnish) stating that the KHL had confirmed to Jokerit that the nationality does not matter when selecting the rookie of the year: KHL syrjäytti Eeli Tolvasen tylysti - IL paljastaa venäläisten kulissipelin: ”He eivät koskaan myönnä tätä”

A translated quote from the article: "KHL wanted to be sure that the winner is in the gala to collect the trophy. This has always been the issue with foreign players, especially with players in non-Russian teams, Russian KHL source tells to Iltalehti."

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
This was later debunked. The rule does not apply anymore. Here's an article (Iltalehti, in Finnish) stating that the KHL had confirmed to Jokerit that the nationality does not matter when selecting the rookie of the year: KHL syrjäytti Eeli Tolvasen tylysti - IL paljastaa venäläisten kulissipelin: ”He eivät koskaan myönnä tätä”

A translated quote from the article: "KHL wanted to be sure that the winner is in the gala to collect the trophy. This has always been the issue with foreign players, especially with players in non-Russian teams, Russian KHL source tells to Iltalehti."

It actually makes sense, considering all this shity rivalry between leagues. I mean, NHL doesn't even consider KHL a major professional league, and KHL can't be any better to NHL as well.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
It looks like the kid promised them at the combine, he'd come to the NHL in a year, if he's ready. Isn't going to move to SKA as well, and I bet, it's because SKA wants him sign a longer contract.

Last edited:

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I think having top 10 makes some sense, but I just do not see his game as that of a top 5 prospect.

There's a point where "underrated players" can become overrated. Some players are capable of breaking out and rising all the way to the top, but some just do not have that skill-set and can only rise to a certain point. I just don't see top 5 upside for Kravtsov. If he's going to be top 5 or so, you probably want him to be like a 70-80 point player in the NHL, considering he already is at a position disadvantage, and isn't going to be a Selke candidate. Does he have that upside? I just don't see it. I think he's skilled, but I'm not sure I see him as supremely skilled, a player who will be one of the better wingers in the NHL. I think he's more of a 30-30 guy than a 40-40 guy.

I also slightly worry that he isn't a sure thing. If I'm picking a player in the top 5, they better not have bust potential. Its not that I think Kravtsov will bust, but outside of the stretch in the playoffs, which was only two playoff series, he's not exactly had the production of a top 5 pick. Some of that is the role he was given, but some of it isn't.

Reactions: Atas2000

CraigBillington

Dec 10, 2010
Seems like a pretty intriguing player, lots saying he's got 8-12 skill, but lots of others seems to think he might be worth a shot in the early 20's.

I'm curious to find out just where he goes

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Nice call, dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad