RW Vitaly Kravtsov - Traktor Chelyabinsk, KHL (2018, 9th, NYR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
8 months is not 1 year. What's your max range in age difference that allows comparing?
I didn’t originally realize people were comparing the two over the rookie of the year, I just generally said that Tolvanen was older. Point being, Kravtsov is still in D year and has recently shown another gear to his game.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
I didn’t originally realize people were comparing the two over the rookie of the year, I just generally said that Tolvanen was older. Point being, Kravtsov is still in D year and has recently shown another gear to his game.
Okay, sorry I misunderstood too. I'm a fan of Kravtsov and hope the Wings pick him up with the Vegas pick if he's still on the board. Going by talent alone, he should be gone by then.

Anyway, the age thing is an interesting discussion on its own. If the draft was by birth year, there could be more late birthday steals. Kravtsov eligible last summer? Maybe not in the 1st round discussion although he did have a good year.

Reactions: Tryamkin

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
Why not? If you aren't the best in the world, you're a development league, a sad truth about any sport.

Because in order to be a developmental league, one of the main goals of the league needs to be developing players for something better. I seriously doubt feeding the NHL is high on any KHL exec's list...

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
"Craig Button, TSN resident director of scouting, NHL analyst and a former NHL general manager, said Denisenko reminds him a lot of Tampa Bay Lightning forward Nikita Kucherov.
"I love Denisenko's creativity, he can make plays and finish plays," Button said. "I think Kravstov is a scoring winger. He's going to need the puck on the move and when he gets the puck on the move he's got the size to get things done, but I think his game is more narrow than Denisenko's. Denisenko can score in multiple ways, off the rush, in tight, off the cycle, and he's incredibly imaginative and hungry to score.
"In my opinion, Kravstov has to get the puck on the move and needs a center that's going to distribute it to him. Denisenko has a multi-platform game."

Scouts split over best Russian forwards ahead of NHL Draft

Does Button mean goals like this?

Last edited:

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
"Craig Button, TSN resident director of scouting, NHL analyst and a former NHL general manager, said Denisenko reminds him a lot of Tampa Bay Lightning forward Nikita Kucherov.
"I love Denisenko's creativity, he can make plays and finish plays," Button said. "I think Kravstov is a scoring winger. He's going to need the puck on the move and when he gets the puck on the move he's got the size to get things done, but I think his game is more narrow than Denisenko's. Denisenko can score in multiple ways, off the rush, in tight, off the cycle, and he's incredibly imaginative and hungry to score.
"In my opinion, Kravstov has to get the puck on the move and needs a center that's going to distribute it to him. Denisenko has a multi-platform game."

Scouts split over best Russian forwards ahead of NHL Draft

Does Button mean goals like this?

KHL youtube vids are geoblocked almost everywhere outside of Russia, so it is better to post tweets with gifs or videos.

Btw, it has been reported that Kravtsov had interviews with 25 teams at the Combine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->