RW Vitaly Kravtsov - Traktor Chelyabinsk, KHL (2018, 9th, NYR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

enj92

Oct 2, 2015
Ufa
244image.jpg

Another promising 2018 draft eligible russian player. He's late birthday, even pretty much 2000 born. Has some amazing stats for his age - 34 points in 40 games in MHL for Belye Medvedi, though playing 3rd line minutes. And yesterday he scored his first men's league goal for Chelmet, VHL in his second game for them. Played for Traktor this season as well, but only 1 or 2 shifts though.
From what I saw he's really talented boy. Smooth skater with great hands, very good wrister and playmaking skills. Certainly he's a smart player. Has a good size, though needs to bulk up for sure, but it's ok for his age. Stats...

enj92

Oct 2, 2015
Ufa
I haven't seen him play yet.

Is he on the same level as Svechnikov or even the same level as Khovanov?

Svechnikov could be the most talented russian prospect since Malkin, I don't think Kravtsov in the same tier as him, but on the other hand he could be on the Khovanov tier talent wise pretty easily along with Denisenko. He already plays against men, and scored his first goal in only 2nd game. I believe he's the youngest player who ever played in VHL.

Reactions: Fappin2Laine

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Svechnikov could be the most talented russian prospect since Malkin, I don't think Kravtsov in the same tier as him, but on the other hand he could be on the Khovanov tier talent wise pretty easily along with Denisenko. He already plays against men, and scored his first goal in only 2nd game. I believe he's the youngest player who ever played in VHL.

At the same age Tarasenko played and scored in the KHL, but of course it doesn't mean Kravtsov isn't good.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
Kostin's injury opens up a spot for him on the scoring line at the upcoming U18s. I expect we'll see Svechnikov and Kravtsov lead the way at RW.

FrodoBeggins

Jun 26, 2016
Kerch
He played third match in the CHL for the tractor. Perspective guy. Today played 12 minutes. Often played against Mozyakina. Hopefully next season he will be fixed in the basis of Tractors. This is the 5th top-end prospect of the Russian in the Draft in 2018 with claims to the first round.

enj92

Oct 2, 2015
Ufa
Only two u-18 guys before him scored some points in KHL playoffs - Valera Nichushkin and Evgeny Kuznetsov. But both were in their draft years, Kravtsov is pretty much 2000 born so he is eligible only for 2018 nhl draft. Interesting, Nich and Kuzy both played for Traktor back then, just like Kravtsov right now.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Only two u-18 guys before him scored some points in KHL playoffs - Valera Nichushkin and Evgeny Kuznetsov. But both were in their draft years, Kravtsov is pretty much 2000 born so he is eligible only for 2018 nhl draft. Interesting, Nich and Kuzy both played for Traktor back then, just like Kravtsov right now.

Yeah it seems like teams like Traktor have opportunities for young talent sometimes whereas others like AK Bars historically rarely give such opportunities. There should be more import restrictions and/or mandatory roster spots for certain number of u23 Russian players.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Scored 2 goals in 4-3 shootout lose to Irbis in the playoffs. Khovanov played his first game for Irbis since being injured, but didn't score

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
So Kravtsov has scored 6 points in 4 games in the series vs Irbis, Khovanov - 1 point. It's 2-2 and the final game remains.

Kravtsov is just 1 point behind the playoffs scoring leader Poryadin, who soon-to-be 21 and scored 12 points in the KHL this season.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad