RW Vitaly Kravtsov - Traktor Chelyabinsk, KHL (2018, 9th, NYR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HenriquesJawLine

Mar 6, 2009
The expectation for Kravstov next season should be to put up at least Tolvanen numbers right? He's probably going in the teens and already has a lot of KHL experience. Tolvanen was in the freakin USHL in his draft year.

Leopain

Jun 15, 2017
The expectation for Kravstov next season should be to put up at least Tolvanen numbers right? He's probably going in the teens and already has a lot of KHL experience. Tolvanen was in the freakin USHL in his draft year.

I would think so, given his play in the postseason. Does not explain the award, though.

Plair

Feb 27, 2012
Is this true (yeah, I don't follow the KHL despite being Russian) or just a speculation? Because Francouz was named the best goalie, and he wasn't Russian.

This is not true. Tolvanen's team Jokerit asked about this yesterday from the KHL and they said that player from any nationality and under 26 years of age can win this trophy.

Reactions: Ookhaab

Kuz

May 11, 2015
I dont know how they judge, but Toolvanen had by far the better season. The only way you can make Kravtsov even come close is if you judge the whole season including playoffs and put a lot more value on the playoffs than the regular season.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
I dont know how they judge, but Toolvanen had by far the better season. The only way you can make Kravtsov even come close is if you judge the whole season including playoffs and put a lot more value on the playoffs than the regular season.

If the playoffs were count, then Gusev wouldn't get the MVP award.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
It looks like Kravtsov is going to have no problems with American culture when he comes over.
More like a red flag about his intellect. It might hurt him. Also a nice example you calling that the american culture.

Btw, it's not about one pic on Instagram. That's not the first occasion woth Kravtsov that makes me ask questions about what kind of a guy he is outside the rink. He is not the brightest one. Hopefully he will get some advice and mentorship.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
More like a red flag about his intellect. It might hurt him. Also a nice example you calling that the american culture.

Btw, it's not about one pic on Instagram. That's not the first occasion woth Kravtsov that makes me ask questions about what kind of a guy he is outside the rink. He is not the brightest one. Hopefully he will get some advice and mentorship.

Don't be ridiculous.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Don't be ridiculous.
I am not. I see what I see. I am aware they are mostly not very mature teenagers, but there are several occurences around Kravtsov that suggested to me that he might be in a dangerous part of the spectrum. I doubt he os aware what kind of body or work he has ahead of him. Some kids are destined to be hard workers at 17, some find out they should... or not.

And please handle the culture remark separately as you should. I am just allergic to ppl calling those kind of things culture for any country.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
Why would you compare Kravtsov to Tolvanen? Tolvanen is a year older. Last year Tolvanen played in the USHL, and didn’t score like a top 6 winger in the KHL playoffs like Kravtsov.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I am not. I see what I see. I am aware they are mostly not very mature teenagers, but there are several occurences around Kravtsov that suggested to me that he might be in a dangerous part of the spectrum. I doubt he os aware what kind of body or work he has ahead of him. Some kids are destined to be hard workers at 17, some find out they should... or not.

And please handle the culture remark separately as you should. I am just allergic to ppl calling those kind of things culture for any country.
Relax. He's just a kid having fun. I don't see how this any different than taking a picture with the Naked Cowboy. Which is something tourists do all the time in NY.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Why would you compare Kravtsov to Tolvanen? Tolvanen is a year older. Last year Tolvanen played in the USHL, and didn’t score like a top 6 winger in the KHL playoffs like Kravtsov.
Because they were both KHL rookies...? They're both born in 1999. Better question is why are you talking about what Tolvanen did last year in a different league. Sounds like a desperate excuse to justify a ridiculous decision.

Kuz

May 11, 2015

Thats why I asked if playoffs is considered in the trophy. Where some say it dont. Isnt the trophy for the best rookie? Not best rookie by age?

Toolvanen was by far the better player in the KHL regular season and you say Kravstov produced like a top 6 winger while Tolvanen did not. The difference in PPG was marginal with Kravstov getting 0,69 PPG and Tolvanen 0,64.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
Because they were both KHL rookies...? They're both born in 1999. Better question is why are you talking about what Tolvanen did last year in a different league. Sounds like a desperate excuse to justify a ridiculous decision.
Because Tolvanen is 8 months older.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad