RW Vitaly Kravtsov - Traktor Chelyabinsk, KHL (2018, 9th, NYR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DivochLubo

Feb 28, 2007
He is playing with Kruchinin, who is one of teams best players, he have some playmaking skills. They are playing very well, may be best looking line from team.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Has his usage changed for these playoffs?

I am trying to figure out how he had only 7 points in the regular season if he's this good when it matters the most.

It hasn't really come out of no where.

He had one MHL game where he looked like a man amongst boys and was the most skilled player on his VHL team. Had the highest ppg there as well, even if on a small sample.

Now, he's playing 1st line in a high pressure situation... while I'm surprised he's this productive, I'm not surprised he's performed well.

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
Has his usage changed for these playoffs?

I am trying to figure out how he had only 7 points in the regular season if he's this good when it matters the most.

Others have in other threads have noted that his minutes have increased drastically.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
He's set a new KHL U19 record for the playoffs, but there are RSL records. Afinogenov scored 16 points in 16 games, and Malkin scored 15 points in 11 games.

Reactions: Aerrol

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
Holy moly those numbers are insane. Any thoughts on where he might go in the draft? First rounder due to this late surge? Or are teams already set on their guys you think?

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Holy moly those numbers are insane. Any thoughts on where he might go in the draft? First rounder due to this late surge? Or are teams already set on their guys you think?
He's easily a 1st rounder, it's just a matter of which GMs are going to take notice. In my current ranking, I have him at 7th, and I wouldn't be surprised if he exceeds that by the end of the season.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Love that he's doing so well, but he's gone from "my favourite pick for the Leafs around 25" last month to "shouldn't fall out of the top-10".

Hope a bunch of teams are sleeping on him, and we can steal him at the end of the 1st.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Love that he's doing so well, but he's gone from "my favourite pick for the Leafs around 25" to "shouldn't fall out of the top-10".

Hope a bunch of teams are sleeping on him.

Russian factor is always a posibility, so I doubt if a team doesn't have a successful history of signing Russian players, it will pick Kravtsov high enough. And the most "Russian" NHL teams (Tampa, Washington) are going to pick pretty late. Of all early picks, it's probably Rangers, who have the best chance to get the kid out of the KHL as soon as possible. But they still can prefer to get a "good ol' NA boy".

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB
Russian factor is always a posibility, so I doubt if a team doesn't have a successful history of signing Russian players, it will pick Kravtsov high enough. And the most "Russian" NHL teams (Tampa, Washington) are going to pick pretty late. Of all early picks, it's probably Rangers, who have the best chance to get the kid out of the KHL as soon as possible. But they still can prefer to get a "good ol' NA boy".
I was hoping Montreal would have the opportunity, but we'll likely be picking too high. He's a steal though, after 15. 11th on my list, jostling with Smith, Boqvist and Tkachukfor #8/9/10. I hope to see him play soon, as I'm usually at school when he's playing.

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
Tells a lot about this draft when there is a guy like him who most likely won't be a top 10 pick. Just so many options.

DivochLubo

Feb 28, 2007
His line was best,pretty much only one that played well at last game. So they can be listed as 4th, but still be best line on team.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Grant McCagg‏ @grantmccagg
Traktor Chelyabinsk has decided to demote Kravtsov to the fourth line, After all..he was only leading the KHL in goals and top 5 in scoring. The team is coached by Claude Julienov.

I guess Grant posted this judging by the pre-game lineups, in the game itself, Kravtsov had 7th TOI between forwards, so hard to call that a 4th line demotion.

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
Grant McCagg‏ @grantmccagg
Traktor Chelyabinsk has decided to demote Kravtsov to the fourth line, After all..he was only leading the KHL in goals and top 5 in scoring. The team is coached by Claude Julienov.

Shows how much attention McCagg pays.

Kravtsov was 7th in TOI for forwards on his team, his linemates (the same as in all previous games against Ufa) were 4th and 6th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->