RW Vitaly Kravtsov - Traktor Chelyabinsk, KHL (2018, 9th, NYR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Can't wait to see what he can do in the KHL this year. Have a feeling he'll outproduce Tolvanen's D+1 year if he can play consistent first line minutes. His poise and awareness in the offensive zone are unbelievable and his hands are downright nasty. He's gonna be a star.
I hope you're right

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Rangers are plain lost I'm sorry. I remember that mcilarath pick and now this. They had a chance to get Nino and blew it and now this kid when whalstrom was there and again swing a miss. Also I forgot middlestat and they took Andersson . Rangers are clueless.

Hybrid MB24

Nov 3, 2006
Pennsylvania
Rangers are plain lost I'm sorry. I remember that mcilarath pick and now this. They had a chance to get Nino and blew it and now this kid when whalstrom was there and again swing a miss. Also I forgot middlestat and they took Andersson . Rangers are clueless.

Hindsight is strong with this one. Lets pump the brakes a little bit on passing on Wahlstrom. Kravtsov raised his stock dramatically over the course of the season. Rangers reached, but not by much. Nobody in this world can tell you at this very moment who will have a better NHL career. Potential is all they both are at this point. The McIlrath pick was not great then and it looks even worse now. I won't argue.

Middelstadt looks great, but Andersson looks to be a sure thing as a responsible and safe pick. Probably not a game breaker by any stretch. Give the Rangers props for Chytil, at least.

Jonas1235

Jan 8, 2008
Calgary
Brady Skjei 28th pick:
Buchnevich 75th pick
Duclair 80th pick
Shestyorkin 118th pick
Adam Huska 184th pick
Ty Ronning 201st pick

These picks alone make up for any misses since 2012.

Reactions: Lays and haveandare

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
McIlrath pick was terrible from the start not going to disagree there

Would I rather have Wahlstrom than Kravtsov? Yes. But, I do like Kravtsov’s potential more and I’ve been saying this even before we drafted him but he has one of the highest upsides in this draft and he’s a line driver, something Wahlstrom isn’t. I’m fine with this pick, both players will be studs

Also, yes I’d take Mittelstadt over Andersson. Not by much though, Andersson is our future captain. A Landeskog type. Chytil was the potentially elite player we picked. I’m happy with that draft as well. We’ve been a really good drafting team and I trust our management.

Reactions: haveandare

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
McIlrath pick was terrible from the start not going to disagree there

Would I rather have Wahlstrom than Kravtsov? Yes. But, I do like Kravtsov’s potential more and I’ve been saying this even before we drafted him but he has one of the highest upsides in this draft and he’s a line driver, something Wahlstrom isn’t. I’m fine with this pick, both players will be studs

Also, yes I’d take Mittelstadt over Andersson. Not by much though, Andersson is our future captain. A Landeskog type. Chytil was the potentially elite player we picked. I’m happy with that draft as well. We’ve been a really good drafting team and I trust our management.
Yeah McIlrath was bad even on draft day.

I still prefer Andersson over Mittlestadt and I think particularly on draft day there was ample reason to value him more. Feel the same about this pick. I prefer the guy we got, and I think there's a pretty clear argument as to why he was preferable on draft day.

In general, I think it's best to take kids with pro experience and success against bigger, older player than themselves. Looking at Wahlstrom, yeah he was killing it at the level he was at, but he was also a big kid playing against other kids and with a ton of talent around him. Kravstov is a decent sized kid playing against men with so so talent around him.

EpicDing

which is why I included the question mark earlier
Oct 2, 2011
Hartford
Where's this claim of racism in my post? You sound like a buffoon suggesting I imputed racism.

And go read the Kravtsov thread in the Rangers section. The Chytil talk is there. Notice there's less talk of Andersson. Why is that?

You said, and I quote:

Ranger fans were convinced he'd come to play in the AHL because they are trying to force a friendship between Chytil and Kravtsov because Eastern European.

:help:

That's implying HFNYR is racist because we supposedly want 2 eastern Europeans to be friends. As if we can't tell the difference between a Czech and a Russian.

We wanted Kravstov toplay with Chytil becaused they looked dominant together in rookie camp, not becuase they're both eastern European.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
"Imply"

As I thought, so there's no racism. You are using a very ambiguous term to try to loosely claim I said something that I didn't.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005

I don't think it was that bad a pick for the Rangers. If you go by McKenzie Kratsov was #12 with some consideration for #5. Sure you can argue their was a couple guys that might have looked better but it wasn't like they went completely off board.

https://www.tsn.ca/kc-1.1115400

To me, Ty Dellandrea was the first player that seemed really to go off the board

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005

Fair enough, while Hayton and Kratsov were sort of in the same boat of being JUST outside of the top 10, with a chance to slip in, I guess #5 was a bit high. I still think Dellandrea being 13 caught me more by surprise then Hayton though.

It seems like Arizona put alot of stock into picking the best center possible(while I get the need for a center when you have a defense heavy draft that is probably the best way to go). Rangers on the other hand seemed to go for a guy with extremely high offensive upside which to me makes more sense then just going for a position

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Fair enough, while Hayton and Kratsov were sort of in the same boat of being JUST outside of the top 10, with a chance to slip in, I guess #5 was a bit high. I still think Dellandrea being 13 caught me more by surprise then Hayton though.

It seems like Arizona put alot of stock into picking the best center possible(while I get the need for a center when you have a defense heavy draft that is probably the best way to go). Rangers on the other hand seemed to go for a guy with extremely high offensive upside which to me makes more sense then just going for a position
I think Dellandrea is a better C than Hayton, so I dont mind the Dellandrea pick at all... the Hayton one though...

Michael Farkas

Celebrate 68
Jun 28, 2006
NYC
www.hockeyprospect.com
Hayton isn't off the board for me. Also, Hayton has the ability to be a center at the next level, I'm not certain that Dellandrea shouldn't move to wing...his game is more suited, at least right now, to the wing. Hayton is a better pivot from a detail perspective - again, just speaking for right now. But I think it probably projects that way as well...

Reactions: PuckLife

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
What I dont understand is why was Kravtsov drafted so high but Bulat Shafigulain drafted so low.
Bulat seems more skilled altho he is smaller.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
What I dont understand is why was Kravtsov drafted so high but Bulat Shafigulain drafted so low.

Kravtsov performed better at a higher level. I am guessing Kravtsov's playoff performance also factored alot into him sky rocketing from a mid to late first rounder to a top 12 player

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
I love Bulat and I ranked him in the 30s but he’s not on Kravtsov’s level or close to it. In the future? Maybe. But Kravtsov is better at nearly everything as of today and isn’t exactly a boom/bust like Bulat is. I’ve seen a lot of both but Bulat isn’t exactly more skilled either

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
I love Bulat and I ranked him in the 30s but he’s not on Kravtsov’s level or close to it. In the future? Maybe. But Kravtsov is better at nearly everything as of today and isn’t exactly a boom/bust like Bulat is. I’ve seen a lot of both but Bulat isn’t exactly more skilled either
It's just they seem so similar to one another but bulat being more dynamic and krav being larger.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Kravtsov performed better at a higher level. I am guessing Kravtsov's playoff performance also factored alot into him sky rocketing from a mid to late first rounder to a top 12 player
I think the playoff performance helped. I'd say a lot of the skyrocketing happened primarily because he was such an unknown. He entered the year having never been on Russian junior National Teams and played for a relatively minor KHL team. Due to this, he was pretty much an unknown so he had to prove more than people who entered the year with a pedigree. The playoffs just cemented it, and he wasn't just a guy getting minutes in the KHL due to being on a weaker team.

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
I think the playoff performance helped. I'd say a lot of the skyrocketing happened primarily because he was such an unknown. He entered the year having never been on Russian junior National Teams and played for a relatively minor KHL team. Due to this, he was pretty much an unknown so he had to prove more than people who entered the year with a pedigree. The playoffs just cemented it, and he wasn't just a guy getting minutes in the KHL due to being on a weaker team.
I think not playing for the national team for sure hurt his ranking with some of the scouting services, there were a few that had him closer to where he was picked, but I feel like there were a few that had him late 20s and gave him a slight bump only because of his playoff performance. That draft video from sportsnet kind of encapsulates the whole thing, he gets picked at 9, the panel is shocked, and then they start talking about his season and seemingly back track their shock to “this kid could be one of the better players in the draft, but in a few years if he decides to come over.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad