RW Vitaly Kravtsov - Traktor Chelyabinsk, KHL (2018, 9th, NYR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
To be fair, anyone in their right mind knows Tolvanen was the real rookie of the year. There have been rumors that only Russians are given the award and that Tolvanen’s departure for the NHL at the end of the year took him off the list. Their seasons were not comparable.

Great post besides that!

Quit listening to rumors.
In the KHL a player needs to attend the award ceremony to be eligible for an award. Tolvanen chose not to show up, so the award went to the next best rookie, Kravtsov, who was in attendance.

Yea it’s a ridiculous and stupid way to decide award winners, but it’s not based on a pro-Russian or anti-NHL bias.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
He doesn’t really need a C feeding him. He’s a line driver in the future not a complimentary player. I don’t know if Chytil-Kravtsov would work well because they are both puck carriers. I think Chytil would work much better with Wahlstrom. I think Kravtsov would work well with Howden, don’t see him and Lias working great either because Lias is more of a goal scorer.

The idea that two puck carriers can't work together isn't rooted in truth.

Pasternak-Bergeron-Marchand is the best line in hockey and all three carry the puck.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Not really a surprise. He wasn't taken in the import draft and he was getting minutes in the KHL, which usually leaves limited incentive for a guy to come to NA outside of a guaranteed NHL spot.

True, but there were a lot of Ranger fans who expected him to go to the AHL.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
True, but there were a lot of Ranger fans who expected him to go to the AHL.
I can see that after Chytil and Andersson. Its just really hard to convince a kid to come over who is actually getting KHL minutes. I wouldn't be surprised if his KHL salary is higher than the signing bonus allotment and the AHL (about 162k in total) he would get. Just hope he continues to get ice-time. The only good argument for the KHL over the AHL for him is that you can allow him to play through struggles (as your focus is long-term development) over quickly yanking him if he is struggling, In the case of a KHL team the primary goal is to win, especially if they don't tend to reap the rewards of a developed Kravtsov.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I can see that after Chytil and Andersson. Its just really hard to convince a kid to come over who is actually getting KHL minutes. I wouldn't be surprised if his KHL salary is higher than the signing bonus allotment and the AHL (about 162k in total) he would get. Just hope he continues to get ice-time. The only good argument for the KHL over the AHL for him is that you can allow him to play through struggles (as your focus is long-term development) over quickly yanking him if he is struggling, In the case of a KHL team the primary goal is to win, especially if they don't tend to reap the rewards of a developed Kravtsov.

Lias went to the SHL first and Chytil comes from an inferior league compared to the AHL. Chytil's case is not comparable to either Lias or Kravtsov

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
It was a mutual decision which is nice
Kravtsov is dedicated to coming over after this year and this is best for him imo.

Reactions: wafflepadsave

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Not really a surprise. He wasn't taken in the import draft and he was getting minutes in the KHL, which usually leaves limited incentive for a guy to come to NA outside of a guaranteed NHL spot.

Ranger fans were convinced he'd come to play in the AHL because they are trying to force a friendship between Chytil and Kravtsov because Eastern European.

:help:

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Ranger fans were convinced he'd come to play in the AHL because they are trying to force a friendship between Chytil and Kravtsov because Eastern European.

Chytil wouldn’t even be playing in the AHL so whoever thought that is pretty clueless. Probably instagram or Facebook Ranger fans

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Brooks said something interesting about how the KHL would potentially file a grievance if Kravstov stayed.

Any info on that if it potentially went that direction?

Fvital92

Jul 7, 2017
Brazil

False, Rangers fans thought he would play in the AHL because he and the front office wanted to. Like Irishguy42 said, that didn't happen because the KHL would file a grievance and Kravtsov would probably lose a year of his development.

Reactions: Lays

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
False, Rangers fans thought he would play in the AHL because he and the front office wanted to. Like Irishguy42 said, that didn't happen because the KHL would file a grievance and Kravtsov would probably lose a year of his development.

There's really not evidence that he wanted to. If the front office wanted him to, they were saved from their own dumbness here.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Both Brooks and Carp wrote it. Regarding the Rangers, this is the closest that you can get from the truth.

Carp is not a real reporter. The Athletic hired him because they couldn't find anyone with real sources to report on the Rangers. He has no original info. Its all repeated stuff.

Brooks gets his info from the team. I don't doubt he's correct about what the team wanted to do. There's still not any indication Kravtsov preferred to play in the AHL.

Reactions: Atas2000

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
There's really not evidence that he wanted to. If the front office wanted him to, they were saved from their own dumbness here.
There's even less evidence of you're forced friendship non-sense. You're trying to impute racism to an organization with nothing of substance behind it.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
There's even less evidence of you're forced friendship non-sense. You're trying to impute racism to an organization with nothing of substance behind it.

Where's this claim of racism in my post? You sound like a buffoon suggesting I imputed racism.

And go read the Kravtsov thread in the Rangers section. The Chytil talk is there. Notice there's less talk of Andersson. Why is that?

cowgirlcath

Johnny Mony and Cathy
Jul 9, 2018
Calgary
Can't wait to see what he can do in the KHL this year. Have a feeling he'll outproduce Tolvanen's D+1 year if he can play consistent first line minutes. His poise and awareness in the offensive zone are unbelievable and his hands are downright nasty. He's gonna be a star.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad