RW Vitaly Kravtsov (2018, 9th, NYR; traded to VAN) Part2

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
When i wrote he is going to be a bust at draft day in this thread, i got message stop trolling comments lol. Hfboard's are sometimes jealous about what i say, because i say the truth!

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
First, his 'ranking' does nothing if he cannot play up to that level. Second, many of the people ranking have walked back their expectations. And lastly, my point was that he had not done anything to deserve to be ranked so high (other than one great playoff series) and it may have been to his detriment....lower expectations enough and he will eventually exceed them.
Lowering expectations to the point that eventually you’ll exceed them sounds like a really sad way to go about life

Reactions: The Sweetness

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
Kunlun is not serious this year. They are a team that consists of bad quality Russian players, who were not needed by other teams

Rufus T Firefly

Jul 8, 2020
When i wrote he is going to be a bust at draft day in this thread, i got message stop trolling comments lol. Hfboard's are sometimes jealous about what i say, because i say the truth!
I'm kind of tired of people just stating their opinions and claiming them as the truth these days, and it's a slow day in the office, so I decided to fact-check this post.

-There's no post on or around draft day from you stating that he would be a bust in this thread. In fact, no one on or around draft day in this thread states he will be a bust.
-There isn't any post by you at all on or around draft day in this thread.
-There is a post in which you are quoted (original looks to be deleted or removed), where the entire post states "I think Rangers gonna regret that pick". That is quoted by several people on October 2nd, so it's probably from either that day or the day before, but most likely not on draft day. But in it you hardly claim he's going to bust, and write it intentionally opaque.
-In that post, you do not claim he is a bust.
-No one who quotes your post tells you to stop trolling. Instead, two ask you why you think that, and two disagree with you. You don't respond to the posts asking you to explain.
-Kid's only 20 and hasn't busted for sure yet, so you can't claim to have said "the truth" even if you had stated it, since the conditions needed aren't even fulfilled yet.

:help:

If you have any reasoning for your opinion, you're allowed and encouraged to back it up with your observations and explanations -- this is a discussion board after all. If not, it's probably best to remember the old adage: It's better to keep silent and let people think you're an idiot, then open your mouth and remove any doubt :thumbu:

Last edited:

Rangers79

Aug 10, 2012
New Jersey
Sometimes it takes a bit for prospects to develop fully. People are just impatient. If it doesn't work out? Fine, whatever. Most players drafted don't work. But the Rangers have 2 other firsts from that year and it isn't even close to time for calling him a bust

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
He should've never been signed by the Rangers after his D+1 season. That was the huge mistake. Let the kid develop in Russia. Thats how they always develop the best. I hope the turbulent last year doesn't ruin him. I blame the player and team for that.

I wouldn't even be opposed to another year after this one. Getting a ready-made NHL'er when he comes over is what we want. If you are bringing over a player from the KHL and they are sent to the AHL, thats the first mistake.

CaptTennille

President of the Blair Betts Fan Club
May 24, 2017
Brooklyn
Scored already.
3rd goal through 4 games & 10 mins
He's been on ice for 5 of their 8 goals this season, already has like 23 shots too

A lot to like on that shot.

Uses the defender as a screen, pulls it into his body to threaten high glove and puts it blocker side instead.

Reactions: NYRfan

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
He should've never been signed by the Rangers after his D+1 season. That was the huge mistake. Let the kid develop in Russia. Thats how they always develop the best. I hope the turbulent last year doesn't ruin him. I blame the player and team for that.

I wouldn't even be opposed to another year after this one. Getting a ready-made NHL'er when he comes over is what we want. If you are bringing over a player from the KHL and they are sent to the AHL, thats the first mistake.

I doubt that year will be the reason, his team in Russia was a disaster last season as well, Kravtsov was down in the lineup and playing in the VHL at times. With his new coach things seem better so far.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Talent wasn't the question last season. It seems like his attitude is much better right now, and that might be because he's playing in his home country, but maybe a really good season will give him more confidence and help him mature for when he returns to NA.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Talent wasn't the question last season. It seems like his attitude is much better right now, and that might be because he's playing in his home country, but maybe a really good season will give him more confidence and help him mature for when he returns to NA.

From reports it sounds like during the 4 week "training camp" recently he also looked good and the Rangers were happy with how he was practicing/playing/etc. So hopefully he keeps it up and even if he doesn't immediately make the Rangers whenever he gets his next chance, he knows how to push for a call up and earn that spot permanently

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
From reports it sounds like during the 4 week "training camp" recently he also looked good and the Rangers were happy with how he was practicing/playing/etc. So hopefully he keeps it up and even if he doesn't immediately make the Rangers whenever he gets his next chance, he knows how to push for a call up and earn that spot permanently

I think it's twofold.

He shouldn't be whining and giving reduced effort if he doesn't make the NHL team and/or is sent to the AHL, but how he was handled is also an issue, so it's not only a Kravtsov issue, it's also a Rangers issue. You bring him over when he's ready to play in the NHL. No sooner. We'll know that based on his KHL play. When you decide that, he's on the NHL team, barring extraordinary circumstances. Try to mirror the thought-process used about when Buchnevich was brought over. That can't be done anymore, but at this point, try to mirror it as close as we can. That went very smooth. The team calculated that well. The team should've known based off Kravtsov's D+1 season that he wasn't ready. They miscalculated that and/or didn't have a plan or good plan.

Last edited:

The Sweetness

Jul 15, 2010
Stockholm

You are always so quick to blame the Rangers for signing Kravtsov in his D+1 season yet Kravtsov was in a horrible situation in Russia.

Honestly, bringing him over and giving him time in the AHL may have given him a huge wake up call. I’m sure in the back of his head he thought he could always bolt and be treated as some sort of savior given his status as a prospect. But that didn’t happen.

He had a shit situation and after not being given a free pass or gifted anything in North America it’s possible that something has clicked for him.

That being said, I’m also fine with him staying in the KHL for another year after this. There is no need to rush him and he needs some continuity.

Last edited:
Reactions: bl02

Heckler81

Oct 14, 2017
Kravtsov was ranked around 12th overall in prospect rankings before last season. I think he will push his stock back up to around the same ranking again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->