RW Valeri Nichushkin (2013, 10th overall, Dallas) II

jayck

Aug 5, 2013
Montreal
lumping together morozov and radulov is sheer incompetence. you don't know what you are talking about here. i'm very high on nuke, i really am, but no way in hell he'll be as good as rads.

Why not?! Nukes and Rads had the same kind of first year in the NHL statistically speaking. I think it's honest to say that Nuke have the potential to reach Radulov.
Now the question is if he will live up to this potential.

kp61c

Apr 3, 2012
separate civilization
Why not?! Nukes and Rads had the same kind of first year in the NHL statistically speaking. I think it's honest to say that Nuke have the potential to reach Radulov.
Now the question is if he will live up to this potential.
i'm projecting here based on what i've seen out of them. and i've seen a lot. i'm a fan of nuke and would like to pump his tires here, but my conscience doesn't allow me to do it (regarding him reaching rads' level. that's out of the question for me)

Last edited:

Nealssens

Jun 5, 2013
Just curious where does nichushkin rank among other top russian prospects drafted in the last 4 or 5 years in everybodys eyes

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
Horvat looks like a elite 2C, 2C at the least if not elite. He is playing with 3rd/4th liners and has 23 points for a two-way player. Also he has done well on faceoffs for his rookie year, good PK, can set up plays and knows where to go. Love the guy.

Not saying Nuke is a bad player but he needs to prove first, two different players anyways. Nuke has to prove he is going to put up 60-70 pts in his prime.

What is an elite 2C? Is that anything like a 1C on about half the teams in the league?

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
I think it's someone like Malkin. And considering the age difference, Horvat > Malkin.

Wait-what.gif

topched88

Jan 21, 2007
wtf are you saying, horvat better than malkin, thats insane. Whats next virtanan better than kessel

Please note, not all canucks fans are that drunk on kool-aid. Elite 2c in my eyes just means someone who can play against the top like and still chip in 50-60 points a year. I think Horvat has the potential to reach that, but its far from a guarentee. I still like the Ryan O'reilly comparison, but that is a high end comparison IMO. Virtanen IMO could turn out to be like an E.Kane if he develops well, but again, he could fizzle out and be a raffi Torres just as easy.

Sorry to derail the Nichuskin thread, He is filfthy. Hope he recovers fully and has a strong year for Dallas next year.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Please note, not all canucks fans are that drunk on kool-aid. Elite 2c in my eyes just means someone who can play against the top like and still chip in 50-60 points a year. I think Horvat has the potential to reach that, but its far from a guarentee. I still like the Ryan O'reilly comparison, but that is a high end comparison IMO. Virtanen IMO could turn out to be like an E.Kane if he develops well, but again, he could fizzle out and be a raffi Torres just as easy.

Sorry to derail the Nichuskin thread, He is filfthy. Hope he recovers fully and has a strong year for Dallas next year.
yeah im not saying that horvat wont be an elite top 2 center, he is actually a good comparison for ROR, i actually think he might become a bit better. Its just that comparing to malkin made no sense. Malkin is a top 3 center and top 5 player in the league. At one point he was the best player in the world with a healthy crosby. I think horvat will become great but i dont see him becoming better than a 70 point player (patrice bergeron pre-concussion is what i see with better defensvie play than the young bergeron)

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
id project Horvat to be in between ROR and Bergeron and im an oil fan. He'll be a gooder, guys like that are winners and are pretty vital when sheltering your offensive catalyst center.

Rebuilt

Jun 8, 2014
Tampa
What is an elite 2C? Is that anything like a 1C on about half the teams in the league?

Malkin is a generational 1c who is stacked behind Crosby so its an usual situation that doesnt apply.

I true elite #2 center is in my mind some guy who is an all around do everything center who excells in all areas of the game but does not have the elite scoring skill to be a #1 center and carry his team offensively .

I say the premier #2 center in the league is currently Ryan Kesler, then ROR with Bjugstad creeping up behind them.

Nichushkin is a #1 forward and is not even a center. He has a great career ahead of him if he can fully recover from that awful injury.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
I came here to see how valeri was doing, and it's all about horvat.

What the ****?

Carl33

Aug 25, 2007
it's a Horvat treat? Horvat deserve his own treat, he will be an awesome 2-way center like Bergeron, but this treat is about a futur NHL top 15 point leader

My Crystal balls tell me that the Nuke will breakout in 2015-2016...

One year without playing a lot, he will comeback 100% healthy and angry, 6"4 220 pounds meaner than ever, ready for top line duty in Dallas! I can see him get 60 + pts next year, unbeliveble combinaison of skill and size, so much hands in a monster frame

By the way i'm not a stars fan, but I really believe in this kid, NHL D man will have a hard time against Jamie Benn-Tyler Seguin -Nuke line soon

Hyzer

Jimbo is fired - the good guys won
Aug 10, 2012
Vancouver
What injury did he have that kept him out for so long? Only 13 games played including the AHL and in the NHL.

Hope he comes back healthy next year on Seguins and Benns wing.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
What injury did he have that kept him out for so long? Only 13 games played including the AHL and in the NHL.

Hope he comes back healthy next year on Seguins and Benns wing.

Hip issues kept him out of most of the pre-season. He played in a couple games to start the season. Was put on IR for a month. Played a couple more games. Was put back on IR and had hip surgery at the end of November. Was out until March and played some games to finish the season but wasn't in full form.

The team has said that the language barrier was an issue in getting him diagnosed and treated. If he'd had surgery back in August/September when the issues first presented he would have probably played about half of the season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->