RW Valeri Nichushkin (2013, 10th overall, Dallas) II

The Sweetness

Jul 15, 2010
Stockholm
Actually he never made it clear.The Decision that was made for him to play in the NHL or back in the KHL was an agreement made by his KHL team [ which had him signed for another 2 yrs ] and the Dallas organization.
As for Nick . I had him pegged at the # 3 spot behind Mackinnon and Drouin for forwards.4th overall if you add in Jones.
A steal by Dallas.
Interesting. Had you seen much of Barkov, Lindholm, Monahan or Horvat?

Harvest

Nov 21, 2013
I haven't never really get an answer about his real age, so is he born 93- or 95?

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
I haven't never really get an answer about his real age, so is he born 93- or 95?

I don't recall rumors about his age like there were for Grigorenko but I'm sure I'd put no stock in them just as I had with Mikhail. I can't think of any athletes that came out of non-Communist/totalitarian countries that were credibly proven to be older than presented. Last I can recall was former NBA player Yi Jianlian out of China.

Harvest

Nov 21, 2013
His "real age"? Are you serious?

Well, it was just interesting to know if there is any truth on there, when former stanley cup winner and former KHL player says that he is born 93- and people are saying that it is a "well knowing secret" beetwen coaches all over Russian.
I never tought that he is, just interesting to know why there is this kind of rumor.

tohaa

Apr 23, 2012
LOL lets see how nuke keeps this up, and im sure he will on the wing of benn and seguin.

Or maybe we should put kas with the sedins and see a point race and who keeps this up over 82 games next season.

jamie and seguin are elite stars, but if people think burrows bounces goals off the sticks of the seidns, i would love to hear excuses if kassian does the same, and he did at the start of last season. But it would be no different then nuke playing on the line of an elite line mates.

And as for the people who say canuck fans keep bringing up horvat, well unfortunately every other fan base in every other thread brings up how we passed over nuke. The fans on the nucks board love horvat, lets all move on.

Congrats to the stars, were excited however with horvat.

With that said i think nuke is a physical force. Unfortunately we dont have a jamie benn to lead our team, we need a leader and center to take over for the team.
Neither Benn or Seguin are 'elite stars', not like the Sedins anyway, although they may be getting there. Nichushkin did not start the season playing with them, he made it there. Horvat over Nichushkin is Daigle over Pronger...(for dramatic effect)

crazyaces**

Neither Benn or Seguin are 'elite stars', not like the Sedins anyway, although they may be getting there. Nichushkin did not start the season playing with them, he made it there. Horvat over Nichushkin is Daigle over Pronger...(for dramatic effect)

I disagree, I think that the russian factor was the main detractor, I think those teams knew what they were passing on, but didn't want to take such a risk like that picking top 10. Look at burmistrov, who may or may not come back ... you think of the players they could have taken, and would he making a contribution to their team now!

J17 Vs Proclamation

Oct 29, 2004
Reading.
I disagree, I think that the russian factor was the main detractor, I think those teams knew what they were passing on, but didn't want to take such a risk like that picking top 10. Look at burmistrov, who may or may not come back ... you think of the players they could have taken, and would he making a contribution to their team now!

The reason Burmistrov went back to Russia is because the Thrashers/Jets organisation developed him poorly. It's on them to a large degree. By and large, if you develop the player correctly (and thus, likely making them happy) the flight factor is reduced significantly.

Horvat is a good prospect and can be a good piece for the Canucks in the future, so it's incorrect for anybody to neccessairly be disappointed in that pick at this time. Nichushkin, clearly, in my opinion is the more promising player with more projectable offensive abilities, but the need to perpetually compare the two will get tiresome and old quickly. The success of the Horvat pick isn't particularly intertwined with the success of the Nichushkin pick.

Pohlow

Mar 26, 2012
Frisco, Tx

I think it's pretty silly to pass on a guy just because there are people whose only connection with eachother is nationality (in the largest country in the world, nonetheless) who left the league.

If a couple of Swiss people left for the Swiss league, there wouldn't be an outcry.

Xenophobia? Who knows. The 'Russian Factor' is a joke, and there are about 7 teams that drafted that day that will come to realize that in due time.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
Well, it was just interesting to know if there is any truth on there, when former stanley cup winner and former KHL player says that he is born 93- and people are saying that it is a "well knowing secret" beetwen coaches all over Russian.
I never tought that he is, just interesting to know why there is this kind of rumor.

That's typical in Russian youth hockey. Physically developed kids are always subject to age rumors without any proof. Nothing new. Same was said about Ovechkin ad nauseum.

Nichushkin's development curve doesn't follow that of a 1993. If he was a 1993, he was significantly behind his peers (other 1993s) while growing up..even the mediocre ones like Zlobin, Kapustin, etc.
Of course he was behind those guys, but only because he was 2 years younger.

Last edited:

Brewster

Mar 20, 2012
Canada
I get that you mean that the Dallas duo doesn't have the prestige, but would anyone really take the Sedins over Benn + Seguin?

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Looks quite a bit like Rick Nash, stylistically.

I've always said so. More Nash than Malkin. Not that that's a knock on Nichushkin because it absolutely isn't. I just always thought it was lazy to compare VN to Malkin just because he was Russian. There are similarities between Malkin and Nichushkin, but he's more Nash-like.

I get that you mean that the Dallas duo doesn't have the prestige, but would anyone really take the Sedins over Benn + Seguin?

Obviously long-term you'd take Benn and Seguin, and they obviously have more trade value, but this season the Sedins are still better.

geoo9

Mar 15, 2013
rusland

because he 6.4 and 205 and that rumor looks like a BS

Harvest

Nov 21, 2013
Propably, it was just kind of interesting when former NHL player who has been playing in Russia, is saying that on his own face.

Harvest

Nov 21, 2013
Ville Nieminen, he was talking about this with one finnish hockey commentator. He just simply say that Nichushkin has born 93-.

geoo9

Mar 15, 2013
rusland
Ville Nieminen, he was talking about this with one finnish hockey commentator. He just simply say that Nichushkin has born 93-.

hmm 22 games and 3 points in KHL at 11-12 season and payed just half of season then returns to Allsvenscan- BUT at 11-12 season Nuke was played in MHL (russian junior league) and Ville could not see Nuke.

Harvest

Nov 21, 2013
What on earth would he know about it? I think you're making this stuff up.

Why on earth i would make this stuff up? This is on his Twitter, feel free to go check it out. Like i said, i havent never say that he is or isn't 93- i was just interesting to know why there is this kind of rumor.
I love this kid style to play hockey and it's not like i would have something against him, was just interesting to know.
I just simply tought that it's at least interesting when player like him is saying stuff like that, it dosen't matter if he hasen't play with him or against him, players usually know or hear this kind of things to another players. There is lot of finnish players in KHL.

Again, i'm not making this stuff up, just telling you guys what i have heard..

BobDobolina

Jan 11, 2010
NYC
Why on earth i would make this stuff up? This is on his Twitter, feel free to go check it out. Like i said, i havent never say that he is or isn't 93- i was just interesting to know why there is this kind of rumor.
I love this kid style to play hockey and it's not like i would have something against him, was just interesting to know.
I just simply tought that it's at least interesting when player like him is saying stuff like that, it dosen't matter if he hasen't play with him or against him, players usually know or hear this kind of things to another players. There is lot of finnish players in KHL.

Again, i'm not making this stuff up, just telling you guys what i have heard..

Because some people get a kick out of stuff like this

It's not on his twitter account and there's nothing on google about it, neither in the English or Finnish spelling. Now would be a good time for you to lay your cards on the table or are you just going to go around spreading baseless rumors for fun?

Harvest

Nov 21, 2013
https://twitter.com/TampereenPoika/status/409433432293650432

Like is said, i don't make stuff up, i don't troll, i don't know why on earth someone would "get a kick out" about this kind of stuff.
Like you i tried to search this on google and found nothing so i thought to ask if someone here would know something about it.

Again, for a last time, i just find this interesting and thought to ask if someone on here know or would heard something about this. It's more than likely that he is 95- i don't see any reason to bealive why he wouldn't be and it dosen't really matter, does it?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->